Arse Cup

I don't know who they are ...

... but I nominate the production team at the Morning Line.

Too much Tommo (i.e. more than 0.5 seconds!)
Staid, unchanging & dull format ...

The production team are responsible for those wrong presenters: Tommo, the housewife lady, Tanya, Fat Al - the rest are fine, iirc. ... maybe leave out G-G, too. Oh, and Nick Luck.

Think that's all ... :)

and too much Tommo, too.

Last edited:
Is it Hoiles at Ascot? Noting that FREE WORLD was in second place from 2f out, when EDGEOVER hadn't been headed (for eventual 2nd) at all. Sad to note that - out of view, I think - SANGLOTE died at the last.

Guarantee those people still booing him whilst he circles the paddock on Church Island had £2.50 each way on My Petra. Tossers.

I reckon Geraghty should have used his post-race interview to apologise to the punters who lost. (Unless he did and I blinked and missed it.)

Peter Naughton - just generally ,he talks utter shit all day long.Frequently inaccurate , always irritating.

I like the clip, Rory! Stan Clarke would have the 'at the gates' bugle sounded at Northern Racing tracks. Not sure if it still happens since his departure to the Pearly Gates - where no doubt St Pete greeted him with a similar blast!

Didn't think he did an awful lot wrong on Time Electric, Diamond Geezer. Gave Prima Vista a hell of a lot to do in the first though.

Peter Naughton - just generally ,he talks utter shit all day long.Frequently inaccurate , always irritating.

Not only that, he's earned his lifelong nomination for the Arse Cup with his pathetic and misleading tripe spouted about 'that' Scoop6 win.

His remarks about the 200/1 withdrawl in the supposed 8 runner bad-each way race was a classic too. "200/1 effects nothing" before Hoiles kindly directed him to the place terms.

Guarantee those people still booing him whilst he circles the paddock on Church Island had £2.50 each way on My Petra. Tossers.

There should be more booing on racecourses. It's a perfectly acceptable way of making your views known and I suspect the discomfort and embarrassment it causes the recipient is a much more effective deterrent against future repetition than a ban.

There should be more booing on racecourses. It's a perfectly acceptable way of making your views known and I suspect the discomfort and embarrassment it causes the recipient is a much more effective deterrent against future repetition than a ban.

Tricky one this. I have no problem with the booing yesterday, but do we want to see a jockey getting booed for getting beaten on an odds on shot when he's done nothing wrong, whicj I could easily see this leading to.

I hate booing, on the racecourse or anywhere. It's thuggish, petty-minded, and intimidating to those nearby. And presumably those who booed Geraghty yesterday have never, ever made any kind of error of judgement in their own professional lives.

I hold my hand up to admit that I am guilty of booing a jockey on a racecourse - but I think that I would be exonerated if I explain that said jockey was on a horse that was totally exhausted by the third-last at Cheltenham but drove him, whip flying, all the way to the line.

The poor creature climbed through the last fence when all the others had passed the line some 20 seconds before (it was in a Gold Cup, by the way) and was then hard ridden all the way to the finish. It came down the horsewalk - jockey still mounted - with its nose on the ground.

Totally screwed up its poor head and ended up being sent to Nick Gaselee to sort out. Ruined.

The jockey actually looked surprised that the Members on the Paddock stand were booing him. His first (and last) Gold Cup ride.

I'd do it again for something like that, regardless of how shy and reserved I normally am.

I really don't know where I stand on booing. I think gus makes some good points, as do both dj and Cruella.

I know I wouldn't like to be booed, whether I deserved it or not. Would it make me try harder? Certainly.

I booed Top Cees into the winner's enclosure after he won The Coral Cup.

I feel a bit sorry for Barry Geraghty. It was a stupid mistake, but we all make 'em.

I would not have dreamed of booing Geraghty yesterday as it seemed to be an honest mistake and easily made at speed. He said that he wasn't excusing himself as he had walked the course beforehand. Those punters booing yesterday were obviously hurt in their pockets and making no allowances for mistakes. We all make them and most of us are fortunate that ours are not so public.

For me to boo anyone would be because of something so very wrong and cruel as the above example. It really was an horrendous sight to see a decent horse so abused.

Back