Arse Cup

Tommos interview with Spencer today was priceless,Im only sorry they didnt send Emma to do it!

His interview with Alex Ferguson didn't get off to a great start;

Thommo: "I've just seen you with Lady Ferguson"

Fergie: "I don't think so; she isn't here"

Thommo: "Who's that you were with then?"

god thommo really is priceless you could almost see the damn it look on his face when he found that tenner on the ground and the person who dropped it was standing there.

Maybe they're bored of the same group three animals beating one another in different positions every 6 weeks?

I used to like the sprint division, particularly when Reverence mopped up all in front of him in soft ground in 2006 but it's absolutely woeful. Borderlescott is a cracking horse and he's ultra game and consistent but he'd get absolutely murdered in the Far East or Australia.

I doubt it very much, GS. In fact it was probably the opposite. I wouldn't have thought a lot of the crowd will have heard of the horses, they will have been more concerned about getting as much alcohol down their necks as possible, nevermind the racing.

I think the piccy says it all!!

thumbnail.tlx

A classic from he who calls himself Thommo at York yesterday. Over footage of Jim McGrath handing over a cheque for 200 grand to Macmillan Cancer Support Thompson referred to it being the proceeds of "Timeform Charity Day". It appears to have completely passed this pillock by that McGrath no longer has anything to do with Timeform and in fact resigned over the very issue of Betfair's attitude to the charity day following their takeover of Timeform. All credit to McGrath for his dignified correction of Thompson's gaffe - I'd have been tempted to ram his microphone down his throat.

Aussie Jim is playing a blinder today - he's forgetting things all over the place, "ridden by Gary, should I say Graham, Lee" in-commentary saying "Tidal erm Bay" and my favourite, saying how well Tidal Bay was going at the time, "isn't he Richard?". Erm, he'd want to, they've got a circuit to go!

Loved aussie jims comment on a sprint at doncaster a few weeks ago,and he is cutting through the field like a knife through hot butter.

Loved aussie jims comment on a sprint at doncaster a few weeks ago,and he is cutting through the field like a knife through hot butter.

I thought I'd heard that and thought nah I must have misheard.

I'm a huge fan of malapropisms (though technically that remark wouldn't qualify, I know). I'll no doubt use it some day myself.

Back