Arse Cup

dead right too.

there has been too much placid compliance with Thommo's buffoonery. So he can fill a gap with filler for 30 seconds. it would be nice to have some intelligent interviewers. Get rid of the buffoons.

Do these lads not bother to look at Gareth O Brien, for instance?

Thommo said, "Oh so Ruby, any regrets at picking the wrong horse to ride"

Ruby, "That's one of the most ridiculous questions to ask"

Thommo, "Well i know but i have to ask"

Ruby, "No, you don't have to ask me at all".

Race report in the RP this morning - James Pyman I think -

"Kauto Star lost nothing in defeat..." :eek: :eek: :eek:

:what:

:rolleyes:

He also said a few mins before that:

"There's a great crowd here at Uttoxeter, it reminds me of Cheltenham in a way"

It's worth pointing out that Betfred's site contained "Tommo's Festival Tips" with a tip from the man for every race but this didn't stop him advertising his premium-rate phone line containing his Cheltenham "information" in the Post during the week. Nice work if you can get it, getting paid twice for the same tips. That's assuming they were the same tips, of course. Surely he wouldn't put different selections on his phone line. Would he?

Originally posted by Headstrong@Mar 15 2008, 02:45 PM
Race report in the RP this morning - James Pyman I think -

"Kauto Star lost nothing in defeat..." :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes:
Erm, he didn't lose anything in defeat ~ unless of course you are thinking literally and thinking about the Gold Cup title. The horse is hardly now thought of as an old plodder - he's still an exceptional horse and we all know that. He was just beaten by a better horse in the day, one who was better suited to the race conditions and who will prove to be an utter machine, of that I am sure.

Ergo how can it be ridiculous to say KS lost nothing in defeat? It's got me knackered......

So? Did he really lose anything meaningful in defeat? Has he been shown up to be an overrated hype horse? The answer is no - and it is very bizarre that someone who has repeatedly said that the only reason he was beaten in the Gold Cup was because he was under par would concur with the opinion that to say KS lost nothing in defeat was rubbish.

Its not bizarre...you asked what the horse has lost. Offically he is no longer rated the top horse in training, I disagree with it (certainly in regard to Denman) but unfortunately my opinion does not count for everything!

I asked why someone is accusing a journalist of being an arse by stating that Kauto Star lost nothing in defeat in the Gold Cup.

A statement which is, not to put too fine a point on it, bollocks.

it seems obvious to everyone except you. It *is* obvious.

There are imo extenuating circumstances to the defeat, but to say he lost nothing by it is stretching language and fact to the limits. He's no longer the Champ.

Back