Seven stand their ground, as follows:

Fakir D'Oudairies
Shishkin
Pic D'Orhy
First Flow
Millers Bank
Aye Right
Minella Drama

Aye Right is also entered at Kelso on Friday, and the 3m handicap chase on the Ascot card. Minella Drama is also entered in the Kelso race, as well as the old Racing Post Trophy at Kempton.

Last edited:
This is the race Ruby said running Kauto Star in cost him the Gold cup when he was beaten by Denman.

Less than 4 weeks before the Festival even an easy win round here can take it's toll.
'
Fakir D'oudairies 3/1 Pic Dorhy 12/1 for the Ryanair V Fakir D'oudairies 5/4 Pic Dorhy 5/2 for the Ascot Chase doesn't compute to me.

I doubt if Shishkin will be 100% for this and the hope is it will put him spot on for Cheltenham but it's hard to trust him.

Very interesting but boring as it may seem the bookies have got the right fav and the other two all things considered look ver poor value to me.

Doubtful PDO will run at Cheltenham IMO. I’ve a vague memory PFN said as much but Allaho’s absence may mean he thinks again (I may be making it up anyway)

However the horse has only run there once, in the Triumph in 2019 which suggests to me they think he doesn’t act there

I reckon he’s got a right chance here as he’s clearly improved and his win LTO was at least as good as Fakir at Thurles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic D'Orhy's jumping has improved immeasurably and he looked quite quick today. We love the Ascot Chase and that would be the obvious race to go to now and maybe Aintree after that. We always think he's slightly better on a flat track and he's not a million miles from a proper Grade 1 horse - winning owner Johnny De La Hey.

Fakir has to be a serious lay at 6/4-I'm not sure he will run -the ground doesn't look like being ideal for him and the news that Allaho will miss the Ryanair could mean a change of plan.

Will Shishkin stay? Even if he does will he be anywhere near as good as he was?

Agree if both those are true then he wins easily

If Edwardstone is the potential QMCC winner many think he is and with Greaneteen only being 6 lengths in front of Shiskin, with Dublin Chase winner Gentleman De Mee back in 4th. Was the Sandown run really that bad for his first outing since last year’s disastrous QMCC ?

Where would Fakir have finished ?

If Shishkin stays, and previous performances suggest he will, he’s miles better than Fakir.

Pic D’orhy is the fly in the ointment as 2.5 at Ascot looks perfect for him and we know he’s in form.

Last edited:

I'm 100% convinced he will stay. IMO, the question that needs to be answered at the weekend, is whether he retains all his ability.

Allow that latest run was a warm-up,and it's pretty certain he does.
He's only 4/1 for the RyanAir for Christ's sake, so 7/2 for Ascot looks a gift.

The bet for me is Shishkin NRNB @ 4/1 to win the Ryanair.

He wins well on Saturday and he’s < 2/1
He goes close then the Ryanair bet is still active as it’s unlikely Nicky will have him 100% 3 weeks out IMO and he’s unlikely to be any bigger than 4/1
He gets beat convincingly then there has to be a good chance he doesn’t line up in March

Fakir has to be a serious lay at 6/4-I'm not sure he will run -the ground doesn't look like being ideal for him and the news that Allaho will miss the Ryanair could mean a change of plan.

Looking a decent bet at the moment.

Good bet that. Pic D'Orhy I think is a mite overpriced at 11/4. This trip/ground/track are optimal for him and with doubts about the others he looks a reasonable bet.

At 5/2, I'm happy to roll the dice on whether Shishkin has retained his ability.

Again, I've absolutely no worries about this trip, and if he's beaten tomorrow, it's because he's GATG.

Remeber when he brought Sprinter back all the doubters said he was finished because he lost a few races on his comeback.......then Boom he hacks up in the Schleor and goes on to win 3 more including another QMCC.

My point is he is unlikely to have him 110% for this but is he finishes within 5 lengths of the winner look out Ryanair. I'm not Shishkins biggest fan but I never underestimate Nicky Henderson

I think if the soft palate issue is what has been stopping him (and it very definitely does stop them), if this has been rectified then there’s every possibility that he will be fine. My only reticence is the bone ailment he was also supposed to have, whether that has had a mental effect on him.

Lovely! I backed him today and took the 4s for the Ryanair mid race as he looked so much happier. Pleased with that.

At 5/2, I'm happy to roll the dice on whether Shishkin has retained his ability.

Again, I've absolutely no worries about this trip, and if he's beaten tomorrow, it's because he's GATG.

Looks like he's retained it and then some........suck a pity Alloho will miss the Ryanair it would have been a great race.now it looks like we just replaced one good thing with another. Now 5/4

Yeah great to see him back.

Nicky Henderson proved right about him wanting further, and Matt Chapman proved well and truly wrong I feel.

I am not one for backing short priced accas at the festival but if I do Shishkin in the Ryanair has to go in!

Last edited:

Staggered he went off Fav!

Lovely to see he confirmed both in style and very happy to have taken the 4/1 (boosted to 17/4) with Lads

Back