Ascot Gold Cup

He may, but what is the chance of his operation still having two top horses fit at 6yo and 8yo?

I certainly agree that it would be a real shame if Yeats retired without meeting Septimus.
Sheikh Mo would certainly test them if they were his - sometimes Ballydoyle / Coolmore can be exasterpating

So now people are complaining Coolmore dont run enough of their runners in single races!?!?!

Ah yes Godolphin running their horses against each other...Dubawi and Shamaradal for instance! Sheikh Mo nearly destroyed Shamardal in finding a route to avoid Dubawi!

So now people are complaining Coolmore dont run enough of their runners in single races!?!?!

Ah yes Godolphin running their horses against each other...Dubawi and Shamaradal for instance! Sheikh Mo nearly destroyed Shamardal in finding a route to avoid Dubawi!

Touchay, Gal! - but you know what I mean, these two could have met before and I'm sure we shall all be very disappointed if they never do - thought they don't have similar gorund requirements so it's understandable to some extent

I don' think the Sheikh was his usual rational self when it came to DB and his best son :rolleyes:

Never have I been so relieved to see another pointless spat on here...I thought there was something wrong with Yeats when I saw this thread back up!!!

Me too! :lol:

Just for those who mentioned it - Yeats will probably never run against Septimus, they need totally different conditions. Not even sure Septimus will make it back to be honest, more is the pity. If he does get nursed back I'm not sure where he can go as he really is best on soft ground. Maybe he should go jumping instead!

If it is a myth then Aidan believes in it too!

I agree he did put in a very eye catching run there but was also pretty impressive in the Irish St Leger on quite soft when he demolished the field, and he did not come out of that race with sore legs the next day.

I’ll just be thankful if Septimus is okay to race at all after the debacle of the Melbourne Cup where he finished lame. It was completely the wrong race for him. He would have surely gone very close in the Arc. I would have fancied him against the filly in a fairly sub-standard renewal of that. At least AOB had the humility to admit they have a lot to learn in respect of the Australian handicap.

By Tony O'Hehir3.59PM 13 JAN 2009
SEPTIMUS and Yeats, the joint top stayers in the World Thoroughbred Rankings, are back cantering at Ballydoyle as they head into another season as Aidan O'Brien's veterans on the track.
Speaking on Tuesday O'Brien said: "Septimus got very jarred up when he ran in the Melbourne Cup. He was sore when he came home and we gave him plenty of time to recover.
"He's just back cantering and we'll be taking him along gradually (in other words he won't be back out until after the Gold Cup!). It's too earlyto be talking about plans, but he'll be aimed at some of the top races from a mile and a half upwards."
Septimus, who completed O'Brien's clean sweep of the 2008 Irish Classics, is an eight-time winner who achieved his first Group 1 success when landing the Irish Field St Leger by 13 lengths in September.
Now six, Septimus is heading into his fifth season while Yeats, two years his senior, has been in training since he was two. His big target will be the Ascot Gold Cup, in which he will be attempting to become the first horse to win the 2m4f Group 1 event for the fourth time.
According to O'Brien, Yeats, a six-time Group 1 winner who rounded off last season by landing the Prix Royal-Oak at Longchamp in October, is back in light training. He said: "Like Septimus, Yeats has started back cantering recently.
"It's great for everyone that we have both horses back in training and we're all looking forward to another season with them. Obviously, the hope is that all will go well with Yeats and that he will go back to Ascot to try to win the Gold Cup again."

Any prices available for Yeats to win his fourth Gold Cup?

I can't think of a horse who could finish within a couple of lengths as things stand.

"He's just back cantering and we'll be taking him along gradually (in other words he won't be back out until after the Gold Cup!). It's too earlyto be talking about plans, but he'll be aimed at some of the top races from a mile and a half upwards."

...Let's just hope they haven't buggered the horse good and proper.

Back