Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2009

What an excellent thread. This really should have been flagged as a compo early doors - it's the first time i've visited it. And as i'm called Nicholas I probably would have chosen you know who.

Agreed - and a huge thanks to Bar The Bull for generously putting up the prize.

Also yet another great advert for Talking Horses tipsters given that St. Nicholas Abbey was tipped up by absolutely... nobody. :D

Impressive from JV , only Rosanara looked to have a real ground excuse . EC and Midas Touch seemed to go perfectly well on it.

I think Sue Magnier names most of them. Knowing her penchant for the humanities – fine art, music, literature, history you can almost sort out the pecking order from the name alone.

Before you even start looking at the pedigrees you just know that Beethoven, Jan Vermeer, Steinbeck and Moby Dick, for example, are likely to be among the favoured ones.

While uninspired names like Sail Boat and Finest Artisan are likely to be down the pecking order.

They can turn out quite different of course, but it’s always a give away as to who they are hopeful about when first named.

Not a bad approach to have taken!

So who wins the prize and where do you want the money to go?

And don't forget my World Cup competition will be along next summer.

My munificence truly knows no bounds.

Could I suggest either whoever picked either the next highest horse or alternatively a group donation from the forum towards the appeal in memory of Jan and Jamie?

Does anybody know what happened to At First Sight? He finished fifth on his debut in the maiden won by Kingsfort, and then won his own maiden very well, but hasn't been seen since early July. I just thought he looked like he could be very good.

At Frst Sight was a very impressive winner of his maiden though nothing behind him won since.

He was entered in the National Stakes, the Royal Lodge and the Beresford but taken out of all three races at the four day stage. He currently holds an Irish Derby entry which would have been made at the end of September, so whatever setback he has had they must be hopeful of him running next year.

Thanks Chroniclandlord, I hope we see him again, it would be nice for Galileo to have a Derby contender to compete with the Montjeus, though Midas Touch may be better than he looked yesterday.

I'd agree about Midas Touch, but Galileo also has Don Carlos who impressed at Leopardstown last week and Cape Blanco so he should be well represented among the Ballydoyle contenders next year.

Agreed - and a huge thanks to Bar The Bull for generously putting up the prize.

Also yet another great advert for Talking Horses tipsters given that St. Nicholas Abbey was tipped up by absolutely... nobody. :D

Ahem,point of order, I think you'll find a few where up their proverbials in him and said so before the Racing post trophy.

oops on the other 2yr old thread

Last edited:
So by my reckoning, Narcotic Nora wins the comp. Well done Nora. €50 or 40 pound to a charity of your choosing.

The only condition is that I need to be able to do it online.

My goodness, I'm not exactly used to winning competitions.

Anyway, I think you can donate online to Cancer Research UK, if that's ok.

Back