Ballydoyle 2 Year Olds 2010

Some of Coolmore's best mares have fillies this year. I particularly like the Smart Strike ex All Too Beautiful, the Kingmambo ex Alexandrova and the Galileo ex Mona Lisa, but all of these will almost certainly be better next year.

Re Montjeu - didn't he have a limited season a few years back - health or potency problems?

Thanks Miesque, great to have the full list of fillies, and you have one colt I didn't have.
I have a couple of extra colts ..... from the RP 2012 Derby entries, I have that the Sheer Bliss colt is out of Dylan Thomas, not Galileo, and there are two additional Galileo colts out of Dordogne and A Footstep Away. Also, I have one additional Galileo filly out of Flower Bowl who is unusually entered in the 2012 Derby.

Dordogne/A Footstep Away - Possibly sold/moved to Wachman/not returned in training but not in BD.

Will check the SB colt later but you may be right. Will check the FB filly too.

Thanks for sticking that up, Miesque.

As mentioned above it's always particularly interesting to see how the progeny of some of their better mares from the past few years get on.

Thanks for the list Miseque. I've been busy passing it on. You'd be amazed at the interest in it.

I also like the Smart Strike ex All Too Beautiful as well as Galileo ex Kasora although maybe more of a 3yo. Surprising only one by HC considering how his SH crops are doing - wondering if he'll see some of their better mares this year.

is it possible to see the list of 3yo and older horses in training for Balydoyle,

it is amazing astable like this has not a stable jockey.

Last edited:
Tarascon's progeny -

'09 Colt by Galileo
'08 Colt by HRE (High Award)
'07 No Return
'06 Filly by Sadler's Wells (Estehe)
'05 Filly by Sadler's Wells
'04 Filly by Rock of Gibraltar (Mayano Sophia)
'03 No Return
'02 No Return
'01 Filly by Peintre Celebre (Perfecto)
'00 Filly by Entrepeneur (Beucaire)

I'll have the Galileo/Absaloutely Fabulous filly for the competition please.

Thanks for the list Miesque.

Montjeu covered 83 mares in 2008. Galileo covered 189 that year.

many thanks miesque

doesnt montjeu suffer from fertility problems too ? (hence the relatively small numbers?!)

No, he had one problem season but fertility is not an issue. His books are comarable to the rest of the big boys in recent years

I'll team up with Ernest Hemingway

You'd hope with a name like that he likes up to it!

Back