Ballydoyle 2yo 2012

Mine (Nevis) appears to have won a race - hoorah! Did anyone see it and did it look any good?

Mines got 3 runs on the board inc a win ;) George Vancouver

Flat placings 541
LIFETIME RECORD STARTS WINS 2NDS 3RDS WINNINGS EARNINGS BEST TS BEST RPR OR† Flat Turf 2 0 0 0 £0 £550 42 72 — All-weather 1 1 0 0 £6,038 £6,038 73 90 — Rules Races 3 1 0 0 £6,038 £6,588 — — —

He still has entries though, so he is still alive! After Apollo disappeared off the radar last year, and it's only emerging now that he died, I'm a little worried about Theatre (though he isn't my horse for the competition). He has no entries at all, and he is high in the betting for both Guineas and Derby.

Racing Post record of the Duke's offspring, the figures on the left are the RPR, Best OR and Current OR:

96 — — Morning Frost 2 f Duke Of Marmalade FR C Ferland
89 — — Starbright 2 f Duke Of Marmalade IRE Kevin Prendergast
85 90 90 Count Of Limonade 2 c Duke Of Marmalade IRE A P O'Brien
80 — — Hall Of Mirrors 2 c Duke Of Marmalade IRE A P O'Brien
76 80 80 Horizon Sky 2 c Duke Of Marmalade IRE David Wachman
74 73 73 Asgardella 2 f Duke Of Marmalade GB Richard Fahey
73 74 70 Lady Marmelo 2 f Duke Of Marmalade GB Mick Channon
70 — — Emulating 2 c Duke Of Marmalade GB Richard Hannon
70 — — Big Memory 2 c Duke Of Marmalade GER J-P Carvalho
69 68 66 Curl 2 f Duke Of Marmalade GB Richard Hannon
69 — — Duke Of Orange 2 c Duke Of Marmalade GB Mick Channon
53 — — The Grand Duke 2 c Duke Of Marmalade IRE A P O'Brien
49 — — Substantivo 2 c Duke Of Marmalade GB Alan Jarvis
49 53 53 Lady Of Seville 2 f Duke Of Marmalade GB Tom Tate

You might remember me mentioning that Starbright was given to KP at the Newmarket sales last year by John Magnier. That bit of advertising has worked a treat.

I think the best of them so far is Hall of Mirrors, he's a much better horse than he's shown to date, if they can get him straighted out. Entered up in Dundalk next Sunday with cheekpieces.

What's the situation with this, Bar?

Hasn't seemed to be as much interest this year - the weather, Ballydoyle 2-y-os mediocre, whatever?

Don't believe mine has even been named yet, let alone been entered for anything beside next year's Derby!:(

"My" filly Moth runs tomorrow at Navan. So I will be shouting "come on me mot" very loudly in ladbrokes Parnell St tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants a laugh.

Back