Ballydoyle 2yo 2012

First names given...

Colts
Acclamation ex Bold Desire (Parliament Square)
Danehill Dancer ex Ahdaab (Performance)
Danehill Dancer ex Amenixa (Forester)
Danehill Dancer ex Butterfly Blue (King George River)
Danehill Dancer ex First Breeze (Master Speaker)
Danehill Dancer ex Last Second (Piet Mondrian)
Danehill Dancer ex Queen Cleopatra (Sean O’Casey)
Danehill Dancer ex Rose Of Petra (Freedom Fighter)
Danehill Dancer ex Simadartha (Paradise City)
Duke of Marmalade ex A P Easy (Codrington College)
Oasis Dream ex Kassiopeia (Illustrate)
Oasis Dream ex Ronaldsay (Gale Force Ten)
War Front ex Black Speck (Lines Of Battle)

2yo Fillies
Danehill Dancer ex Northern Gulch (Delight)
Danehill Dancer ex Virginia Waters (Where)

Last edited:
First names given...

Colts
Acclamation ex Bold Desire (Parliament Square)
Danehill Dancer ex Ahdaab (Performance)
Danehill Dancer ex Amenixa (Forester)
Danehill Dancer ex Butterfly Blue (King George River)
Danehill Dancer ex First Breeze (Master Speaker)
Danehill Dancer ex Last Second (Piet Mondrian)
Danehill Dancer ex Queen Cleopatra (Sean O’Casey)
Danehill Dancer ex Rose Of Petra (Freedom Fighter)
Danehill Dancer ex Simadartha (Paradise City)
Duke of Marmalade ex A P Easy (Codrington College)
Oasis Dream ex Kassiopeia (Illustrate)
Oasis Dream ex Ronaldsay (Gale Force Ten)
War Front ex Black Speck (Lines Of Battle)

2yo Fillies
Danehill Dancer ex Northern Gulch (Delight)
Danehill Dancer ex Virginia Waters (Where)

many thanks,how did you find this out,just being nosy.

A few more names .....

Colts:

Henrythenavigator ex Glatisant (Pedro the Great)
Henrythenavigator ex La Traviata (Cristoforo Colombo)
Holy Roman Emperor ex Queen Titi (King of the Romans)

Fillies:

Henrythenavigator ex Totemic (Infanta Branca)

I'm guessing, Miesque, that you have seen some pigeons being caught or heard some birds singing!

Is it possible for you to put your ear to the ground and learn any news of the Henrythenavigator/Rags To Riches colt? Someone else on this thread - Trudy if I remember right - has also asked about him. I dimly remember reading something on a U.S. website some long while ago about his going to Ireland and that he was an outstanding colt. Loved RTR's Belmont win and would like to know what's happened to her colt.

I'm guessing, Miesque, that you have seen some pigeons being caught or heard some birds singing!

Is it possible for you to put your ear to the ground and learn any news of the Henrythenavigator/Rags To Riches colt? Someone else on this thread - Trudy if I remember right - has also asked about him. I dimly remember reading something on a U.S. website some long while ago about his going to Ireland and that he was an outstanding colt. Loved RTR's Belmont win and would like to know what's happened to her colt.

I believe that colt by Rags to Riches was bred in Ireland after which RTR was bred to Galileo. Don't know where the colt is though.

:whistle: I might have made use of a day off on Friday to go visiting. I'll check into the Rags colt.

Lads steady on. The 2yos will have done no serious gallop at this stage.

Nope, but they do go out in lots...

Last edited:
:whistle: I might have made use of a day off on Friday to go visiting. I'll check into the Rags colt.

Nope, but they do go out in lots...

I'm not disputing that. My point is its far too early to work out what you have bar that a couple are "nice".

I'm not disputing that. My point is its far too early to work out what you have bar that a couple are "nice".

Oh absolutely - all you can compare them too is what they go out with in each lot. It still tells you a bit about them, imo. You can get an idea at least of action, temprament and scope if not their true ability yet. No more or less than you get at a 2yo breeze up sale....

It was me who enquired about the Rags to Riches colt, he was born on St. Patrick's Day, I wonder will that feature in naming him !

colt.jpg

Thank you for giving information on the 2 year olds. I was most disappointed that Ballydoyle didn't give a list in the Horses in Training book this year.

What decides whether they stay in Ireland or go Stateside?

It's all in the pedigree.

Henrythenavigator has a very strong American bloodline and his last race proved he would of been a success in America had he been trained there. The big factor in this decision is that Rags To Riches was a very popular filly, talented and very much in the public eye. The demand for her progeny has greater appeal and meaning to the history of American Horse Racing than it would in Europe.

Thanks, everyone, for all those useful replies about the HTN/RTR colt. I shall look forward to his racing wherever he's trained and whenever he runs.

Back