Ballymore Novices Hurdle

Happy to admit I got that one wrong.

Pace of the race crazy and I'd imagine different horses would have been in different places with a stronger pace. Hard to see a different winner though. Diamond Harry ran green/odd the whole way round to my eyes and I'm surprised he finished third.

Mad max disappointing.

Diamond Harry just runs around a bit...not sure greeness is the problem.

Just loved the way the winner took the gap after the interference....just love him.

Heh yeah,
Walsh said he himself wasn't too keen to take the gap -- a bit early -- but Mikael D'H just went for it of his own accord.
Lovely beast for sure, with a great future.

Mad Max has had more than one wind op, including after his last run before today. He's getting quite hard to train due to ongoing respiratory problems which is a big shame. He might have lacked a bit of fitness today as a result

I'm glad Nick Williams ran Diamond Harry at Cheltenham in January, he saved me having my nads on the beast today! Must be something physical that causes him to hang like he does, he was unrideable going to the last.

Looking at the race again and bar the last two he really did jump with loads of class. No wonder Ruby loves him.....definitely has the pace for an Arkle.

The way he shrugged off the clumsy Diamond Harry's attentions after the second last was impressive, but I wouldnt have thought 2miles would be his trip next year.

Diamond Harry's sloppy jumping at speed proved his undoing, as I suspected it might. Clearly a talented horse but Murphy was little help in allowing him to career to the front down the hill and then run down the 2nd last hurdle to his left and flop over it. Murphy has been doing this quite alot when in front lately and it drives me potty.

It certainly is ridiculous - as well as dangerous, taking horses out along the way.

Slightly disappointed with Diamond Harry; more due to his continued clumsiness (as has been said) and his wandering around, made worse by Murphy allowing it. Coming down the hill I thought "how far" then it all went to pot.

The winner was very impressive.

Ardross - Diamond Harry had also run up very light when running in the Challow at Newbury; difference being that as it wasn't on Ch4 not a lot of people realised that!

It certainly is ridiculous - as well as dangerous, taking horses out along the way.

Slightly disappointed with Diamond Harry; more due to his continued clumsiness (as has been said) and his wandering around, made worse by Murphy allowing it. Coming down the hill I thought "how far" then it all went to pot.

The winner was very impressive.

Ardross - Diamond Harry had also run up very light when running in the Challow at Newbury; difference being that as it wasn't on Ch4 not a lot of people realised that!

I saw him in the paddock on RUK at Newbury and while he is a naturally light horse he was nowhere near as bad as at Cheltenham....both of which were acknowledged by his trainer and jockey.

Oh he was very light at Newbury as well Gal, there wasn't a drastic difference in his appearance. The trouble is that due to his strange shape, mainly due to him not having filled out or strengthened up into his frame, he often looks a lot worse than he actually is even though he does run up light anyway.

Back