Battle Of The Forums

Dreadful stuff from me so far but..I must say...dreadful bloody races as well. Disappointed that the original plan of Leopardstown didn't turn out to be the actual competition - that was a far more attractive prospect as the competition was initially sold rather than having to scan through maidens at Kempton and a bumper at Kelso. Have no interest in watching the races, let alone scanning the form for them when there's so much to talk about at Foxrock. But that's excuses for you

Originally posted by Bobbyjo@Jan 27 2008, 03:49 PM
dreadful bloody races as well. Disappointed that the original plan of Leopardstown didn't turn out to be the actual competition - that was a far more attractive prospect as the competition was initially sold rather than having to scan through maidens at Kempton and a bumper at Kelso.
Total disaster this compo. I`m there thinking you can select what you want, and tactically i try a couple of the races Bob has horses in. Then i re-read the rules and quickly post up selections in the appropriate races - i come to the feckin 2.40 at Kelso, Rosie All Over rings a bell and i think Bobbyjo has her/him so i select something else - :angy: 11/2 winner missed.

Obviously people should post if they`re selected, but comps should be on decent meetings only shrug::

Feedback is good...first competition so things can be tweaked for the next day. But lets not start complaining about the formatt now particularly when some of our own don't bother turning up!

Must add that don't mean to be rude to Gal or shadeed cos a lot of effort goes into these things that is often unappreciated. Again, hard to believe that people didn't put selections in after entering.

However, my points above about the races today still stand.

I can't complain as I couldn't find anything to tempt me to bet at Leopardstown and would not normally bet in crap Sunday races. Having to look at a donkey race at Kempton drew my attention to one that had not lasted out over 7f yesterday and was running over 6f today.
I thought that it must be fit so lumped on at some good prices thereby recovering my losses on the class horses yesterday.Obviously deserved the luck.

I agree that the comp would have been much better with one meeting per day - esp the last two as one in Ireland and one in England, both top meetings! Can't believe some guys didn't post entries, the hangovers from yesterday must have been quite something...

I spent about two hours last night studying form for Leopardstown and it really paid off - had a very good day, wish I'd been picked :(

PS judging from remarks on the Leopardstown thread, these comps are getting too damn complicated!

I hate all these match bets, pairing etc, why can't we just have a team for the day, and tot up totals? - restrict it to oneor two meetings by all means, but it shoudl be a PURE test of skill. It's much fairer that way.

As it is someone can score lots of points and still lose - and a team can score most points and still lose, which doesn't seem quite right :P

The TRF boys had to select from the same races and they had no problems finding winners.

I make it 5-1 to TRF today but will post full scores later.

Series score -

TRF 2 - Talking Horses 0

The TRF boys had to select from the same races and they had no problems finding winners.

aye Cormack

as no doubt they will be telling us about it for the next 12 months :D

it should be run over 10 days...remove the fluke element

Must admit I found having to work through a 5f claimer at Kempton hard to stomach (ironically it was my only compo winner of the day!), but there's no point making excuses. Well done to all the TRF lads.

-2.65 Underscore and Crizzy VS Gearoid and Sunybay -4.75

+ 6.242 Adrian and Friggo Vs Betsmate and trackside 528 -2.383

+ 17.65 MickyMo and Aranalde Vs Jairducochetfan and An Capall No show

-1 Quadrilla and letsgetracing Vs Bar The Bull and Irish Stamp -1.5

-6 Andybeax and Dandan Vs Melendez and Tout Seul +0.5

+6.817 Chloed and Danny Vs BobbyJo and Euronymous -1.666

If I've settled any scores incorrectly let me know and I'll amend.

Score on Day 2

The Racing Forum 5 - Talking Horses 1

Series score -
The Racing Forum 2 - Talking Horses 0

Originally posted by useful@Jan 22 2008, 09:20 PM
I just read a post by a guy called "Grasshopper" in their lounge section.

He seems quite a dangerous individual, capable of anything. With his seriously warped views the moderator should be reporting him to the police. I hope he isn't a typical TRF character.
You should watch out for him, useful.

Word is he is exactly the kind of unabashed fucking nutter you describe.

Originally posted by EC1@Jan 22 2008, 09:57 PM
Useful

Grassy is a bit of a legend on a few boards

You will get used to him

His only flaw is he thinks NH is actually horse racing :laughing:

if that don't flush him nowt will
Don't make me get the hose again, EC - there's a good chap. :suspect:

Originally posted by Aranalde@Jan 22 2008, 10:06 PM
Not many people know this but Grasshopper is actually an 89 year old spinster from Inverness who spends her spare time knitting, sending letter bombs and posting on racing forums. She puts her long life down to her annual summer hibernation.
That and support tights.

Originally posted by Grasshopper+Jan 31 2008, 12:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grasshopper @ Jan 31 2008, 12:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EC1@Jan 22 2008, 09:57 PM
Useful

Grassy is a bit of a legend on a few boards

You will get used to him

His only flaw is he thinks NH is actually horse racing :laughing:

if that don't flush him nowt will
Don't make me get the hose again, EC - there's a good chap. :suspect: [/b][/quote]
Gareth, is there any need for that sort of language on here?

Grasshopper, I noticed your aftertiming re: Osana on TRF. Marb done you up like a kipper!!!! And you had no repsonse.

Think you may have "quoted" the wrong bit there, useful - no bad language as far as I can see.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I can't prove to anyone that I backed Osana ante-post for the Champion Hurdle, so I guess I'll just have to leave it to the individual to determine whether they think I'm lying about it or not. And it's not as if he has won the Champion Hurdle anyway. Either way, I care about as much as a man who has lost his wife's hat.

As for Marb - not in this life....or the next one, I suspect.

re- bad language -

Grass - I'm pretty sure the bit quoted by 'useful' contains a coded reference to the term 'National Hunt'. If that doesn't qualify as bad language then I'm useful's batman.

I doubt very much that Grasshopper would make false claims about any bet he has struck.

I feel I know him well enough through different forums and over a number of years to say that he would get no joy whatsoever from aftertiming.

Grasshopper is very sound.

(Grass that is going to cost you some , y'know :P )

Back