Big Brother 8

Aldaniti

At the Start
Just eight days to go! yes the new series starts next weds for those that love or hate it :P

Come around quick hasn't it :what:

I have stocked on paint...if the temptation to tune in becomes too much, i can always spill a bit and watch it dry.....

Whats new things will this series bring??! What can possibly be done that hasnt already been done?? I think the shock factor is the only way programs like this will get a decent viewing, but what can they do to shock people any more?!

I imagine that normal people wouldnt take a fortune and go on this show, so i wonder what sort of self loving lunatics we will get this time round...i think i will actually watch the first episode...immediately judge them all, and then just rely on what i see now and again to back it up!!!

The paint option sounds the more entertaining of the two! I'm convinced that the producers are secretly hoping someone goes berserk with kitchen implements, and spatulas a couple of the most annoying (since they're ALL annoying) monomaniacs to death. Hands up in horror, 'lessons will be learned from this', and on will go BB9-876, with the odd suicide, homicide, arson, and Botox o.d. to keep a goggling public happy.

I reckon this year will be the year that someone is seriously assaulted or murdered in the house. Or then it is quite possible they send in a load of nymphos and hope for a sex fest to get the much needed publicity. Only for the "Racist" shouts in the celebrity version it would have been an absolute disaster. I reckon they will try and push some one into a breakdown or something.

I thought it had well and truly run it's course by now and I do fear for what they are going to try to get their audience.

Surely Endemol can come up with a better format for a reality TV show - if they insist on having a reality TV show. The first couple of series' were entertaining but it's a long time since it's been worth watching. My teenage-ish crush on Davina has long since passed :shy: so there's really no reason for me to watch it anymore! :laughing:

I agree - I was only half-joking about the possibility. We all know it's what the producers have been hoping for all along - the drivel can't be allowed to just peter out, or a multi-million dollar franchise will be seen to have failed ultimately. It will have to be tapped on the head for a big enough reason, and as tittilation, rudeness, drunks, racism, crudeness, and swearing haven't seen it culled yet, there aren't a lot of headlining alternatives left.

it'll give me something to watch whilst pounding the treadmill, considering I'm not safe outside anymore :what: beats murder she wrote shrug::

A little bit of value to be had with Skybet. The number of walkouts over the last 6 years has been either 2 or 3. 3 is on offer at 9/1.

I watched the series with Alex? the cleanaholic, I thought the earlier characters were watchable and entertaining though a bit weird ,the woman who did body painting and her friend, Craggy? Saggy? or something.
I haven't watched it much since but from what I have seen the novelty has worn off and it has really reached its sell by date. You have to wander how much further they can go to keep the viewers interest, perhaps Battle Royale wasn't so far fetched after all. We already have Castaway so dropping them off on an island and leaving them to kill or be killed might be the next step. It will certainly create the controversy and explosive situations that Big Brother is so desperate for.

I thought that the BB Celebrity shows were watchable at first because it was a chance to see what some of them were really like, you didn't really know much about the real personalities so even the Z listers were of interest ,now there are shows like I'm A Celebrity and anything goes in the magazines as well, celeb's without make up or showing off their wobbly tum's is funny, but once pictures of Britney/Paris/ Girls Aloud airing their lady gardens are regularly being photographed we have gone far enough down that road of celebrity warts and all exposure I think. :eek:

Oh no, oh no, oh no. Another 2 months (?) of having to suffer the 'last night in Big Brother' conversation at work when it's discussed so seriously and in such depth. Aaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!

As a small sample cross section of society... it reminds me of this place! And you know what I think of you lot!

Ok, so as a special concession as you're not a member of Elite [allegedly :suspect: ] I'll drop the "complete" and label you merely a headcase.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@May 23 2007, 11:46 PM
Tell me anyone with more than two braincells to rub together refuses to watch this shite....
I haven't been interested in watching it since the 2nd series.

Still, it still provides plenty of decent betting opportunities.

Originally posted by Triptych@May 23 2007, 08:47 PM
Oh no, oh no, oh no. Another 2 months (?) of having to suffer the 'last night in Big Brother' conversation at work when it's discussed so seriously and in such depth. Aaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!
Its three months, it ends 31st August :what:

Nice to see the book being thrown at C4 today by OFCOM but- shame it was such a little book . BB8 should be the last or they should at least give it a holiday

At last a bit of sense from SL.

If nobody watches it there won't be a 9th series. And it is total sh*te.

BTW, when I said, "At last a bit of sense from SL," I wasn't implying she isn't usually sensible. I was referring to the place of BB in our lives. I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of SL :)

I share Triptich's concerns and can see me having lunch in my room for the foreseeable future having called several colleagues mindless morons for watching it and inconsiderate mindless morons for discussing it in the staffroom.

Back