Bloodstock 2011

Oh, it's going now! He is a cute fellow - as Jinny says, strong, and scopey, without being over-big and lumpy. He's paying attention and not fighting his lad, and I like his fast, crisp action. I don't think he's going to be the type who'll want to hang out the back in his races as he looks very confident about what he's doing. Everything to like from that, Chef, so best of luck with him to keep sound and provide you with some good times.

He looks good SC,looks solid enough and was attentive without being overly keen.

Jinny, if they breezed on the jumps ground it was very patchy the last time we were there,as in the past, with a lot of sand on it I wouldn't have thought it ideal like you say.

PS. Ballydoyle & I decided to pick some of the HIT to follow (all parts of our hopes for the future syndicate) to go along with our Tattersalls picks. We had no spending limit & set ourselves a maximum of 10 horses. I had six go through the sales ring for £41k. Ballydoyle had 8 go through &, obviously, has a lot more expensive taste,she spent £108k!!!!!!! We'll let you know how they fare.

Last edited:
DIAMOND GREEN ex BARRANTES at midnight - good big brown colt. That's it for me foaling wise and no ore sitting up til late June when next batch of calves are due - Hurrah !!!!

happy to report that belle fee finally gave birth a her 2011 foal, a little colt by königstiger, a son of tiger hill. mother and son are doing really well. belle is again over the moon to be a mum, and is making a huge about him.

... making a huge FUSS about him ....

Last edited:
Great news, Crazy. Dear sweet Belle - at least it wasn't a great big colt that might have exhausted her in labour. Glad to know they're both doing very well, and that Mummy loves her new baby! Any chance of some photos, please?

thanks. here he is, 4 days old:

Bild764.jpg

Bild783.jpg

He's refusing to smile for us, isn't he? Already signs of a good shoulder there. The stables look beautiful, Crazy. Thanks for the super pix.

Last edited:
thank you all. while mum is a real headcase, all her offspring so far have a lovely temperament, and he seems to be very laid-back too. mind you, we make an effort to choose a suitable (=rather placid) stallion....

Rumour circulating that a popular stallion standing his first Season has started to shoot blanks after an ok start. Not certain of the identity yet , just thought I'd flag it up .

So we can expect a couple of these back in training.

Alfred Nobel
Approve
Zebedee
Starspangledbanner
Lope de vega
Lord Shanakill
Rip Van Winkle
Vale of York

You are incredibly hard to please on bloodstock matters.

Alfred Nobel is a Group 1 winning juvenile!!!!!!
Lord Shanakill is a Group 1 winner! He was a gee hair away from winning the Dewhurst. With no Northern Dancer for a long way back in his pedgiree, and being by a Theatrical mare, he is sure to be popular.
Vale of York won the Breeders Cup Juvenile.

What do you expect connections to do with an asset that will make €500k per year for at least 3 years? How many G1 winning juveniles do not retire to stud?

The two others are more problematic. They did the business on the racecourse, but they didn't race at 2. But they will get mares.
Zebedee is a multiple juvenile group winning sprinter by Invincible Spirit.
Approve won the Gimcrack and Norfolk; placed in the Middle Park and Champagne.

Last edited:
Back