BLOODSTOCK and BREEDING 2012

I have a free nom to Authorized.... Motivator won't suit her, Hurricane is too hit & miss on covering for me to use on something I need to sell...Pour Moi is out of a Darshaan mare 2x3 is a touch close (although no closer than the Teofilo/Danehill...). Tbh it's almost worth just using Canford on her sales wise.

I haven't seen any Papal Bulls in the flesh - I have seen nice Equiano, Makfi and Acclamation foals this week (sprint mare shopping for a client!)

I have a free nom to Authorized.... Motivator won't suit her, Hurricane is too hit & miss on covering for me to use on something I need to sell...Pour Moi is out of a Darshaan mare 2x3 is a touch close (although no closer than the Teofilo/Danehill...). Tbh it's almost worth just using Canford on her sales wise.

I haven't seen any Papal Bulls in the flesh - I have seen nice Equiano, Makfi and Acclamation foals this week (sprint mare shopping for a client!)

Guessed as much. I think you might be right with Canford. Interesting about HR . I heard the Makfi's where a bit small. I take it that has not been your experience.

Ireland to help establish €2bn Chinese equine centre in Tianjin

The facility is expected to generate almost €40m in exports for Ireland within three years.

The Tianjin Equine Culture City project, costing almost €2bn, will help China to develop a horse racing and breeding industry.

The announcement was made by Minister for Agriculture Simon Coveney, who is in China on a five-day trade mission.

China’s top agriculture graduates will spend two months studying at Coolmore Stud in Tipperary as part of the project.

The project marks the first Chinese government involvement with an overseas joint venture in horse racing and breeding.

Mr Coveney said: "This initiative should facilitate the development of a major export market for horses from Ireland and has the potential to provide a range of business opportunities for companies and individuals in Ireland who can bring a wide range of expertise to the project."

The 127-strong delegation on the trade mission will take part in a series of events focused on trade and investment.

Over 50 Irish food and agri-services companies are taking part in the mission to identify potential market outlets for Irish produce.

Chief executives of leading Irish companies involved in the export of meats, dairy products, seafood and agri-tech products, as well as services to China, will accompany the Minister.

The mission follows a trip to China by Taoiseach Enda Kenny last month, during which a strategic partnership for co-operation was established on a range of issues.

Minister Coveney will meet with his Chinese counterpart tomorrow before all parties attend a trade reception in the Irish Embassy in Beijing.

RTE News

I'd take it as a very astutue move on Coolmore's part - what's the biggest untapped economic area in terms of racing and thoroughbred breeding? China. They have the money, they have the cultural framework (status/hierarchy in business, fondness for gambling and not risk averse) - think of it as a Japanese racing industry without the internal restrictions on nationally bred horses in races.

Does anyone know out of curiosity the link between Sea The Stars and Galileo.

Was just fannying around on the RP site and looking at derby winners... Then realised that Galileo was partly bred by a D Tsui, with the dam and grandsire of Galileo both being the same as Sea The Stars. Given that Christopher Tsui owned Sea The Stars can we take it that he possibly bred Galileo from that evidence, or that at a minumum a member of the Tsui family had a leading part to play in Galileo?

Thanks.

Last edited:
David Tsui owned Urban Sea when she raced (winning the Arc with her) and when they retired the family kept her and bred from her. Galileo was bred by David Tsui in partnership with Coolmore (through their Orpendale arm) and Sea The Stars was bred by Sunderland Holdings, which is the Tsui's breeding company (set up some time between breeding Galileo in '98 and Black Sam Bellamy in '99).

Coolmore Australia fees for 2012 (2011 fee in brackets)

A$1 = £0.65 = €0.79

Choisir A$27,500 (A$33,000)

Duke Of Marmalade A$22,000 (A$22,000)

Dylan Thomas A$13,750 (A$19,800)

Encosta de Lago A$82,500 (A$110,000)

Excellent Art A$8,800 (A$11,000)

Fastnet Rock A$220,000 (A$132,000)

Haradasun A$16,500 (A$22,000)

Henrythenavigator A$22,000 (A$27,500)

High Chaparral A$77,000 (A$99,000)

Lookin At Lucky A$22,000 (A$33,000)

Musir A$16,500 (new)

Oratorio A$11,000 (A$11,000)

So You Think A$66,000 (new)

Spinning World A$5,500 (A$6,600)

Uncle Mo A$24,200 (new)

Zoffany A$11,000 (new)

Spot the missing stallion? Also Fastnet is now the most expensive stallion to stand in the Southern Hemisphere.

Back