Born to Sea

On The Bridle

At the Start
Sea The Stars and Galileos half brother makes his debut in a listed race up 6 furlongs of the Curragh tomorrow. Has been supported into 5/1 to beat decent yardsticks the likes of An Ghalanta. Could he be something special all over again???

I know that it hammered the horse that beat Athens on the Champions Stakes card on the gallops during the week. What price is available?

I have the race in front of me now. Crusade should be around 2/1 and Born to Sea should be second fav. Experience is no good and the rest are no better.

The first post I made is gospel and thats why there has been money. I am around long enough to know a gallop does not make a horse a good thing but I would be 3/1 at best.

I have the race in front of me now. Crusade should be around 2/1 and Born to Sea should be second fav. Experience is no good and the rest are no better.

Crusade's maiden was an average enough heat - I am backing Born to Sea now as 5/1 won't last till morning! That was a serious piece of work.

Last edited:
No it won't. As for Crusade. I'm not saying the horse is a world beater but its entitled to maximum respect given conditions tomorrow. As for taking the 5/1 now. Great way to get your account restricted.

Let me be the cynic here.Two points-1) the horse that beat Athens how much would he be asked to do a fee days after a race.2)is running in a listed race on debut really a positive.

Let me be the cynic here.Two points-1) the horse that beat Athens how much would he be asked to do a fee days after a race.2)is running in a listed race on debut really a positive.

The last talking horse that I remember starting off on Patern company was Glor na Mara..... Oxx would be slow to overface one though. There has been no money for him yet this morning which is a huge negative.

The timing of that gallop makes a big difference.

If it was a couple of weeks ago, and was the basis for deciding to send Akeed Mofeed for that maiden and keeping Born To Sea for today's race, it would be very significant, but Luke is right to question its meaning a few days after one of them had raced.

Mind you Akeed Mofeed's performance last week was good enough to have given him a serious chance in today's race, so if Born To Sea is near his standard it makes him an interesting contender.

I think we should Hype the bejaysus out of him until 2:30 today and then look like complete twats when he finishes a well beaten sixth!

Ballydoyle nearly always start one off in a listed or group race.Great Barrier Reef started off in a Group race at York before taking 13 months and plenty of attempts to lose his maiden.I think sometimes they like horses to race against a small field first time out.
I don't believe Ox will have him ready today -he might fly
home late on but in my opinion a place lay at evens or less.

Firstly I know I posted that the gallop was during the week but I just assumed that. I have no idea when it was because I did not ask. I know who saw the gallop and they know a good horse when they see one. I would not have posted about the horse at all had OTB not started the thread because I understand people on here will view it as nothing but hearsay.

Last edited:
I'm sure you can remember the last gallop I mentioned Grey. 5/1 with Corals is a serious price.

I certainly can, and I've had a few quid on this lad too. That said, I won't be surprised if he doesn't do it today. The trip might be a bit sharp for him, there's some decent opposition, the draw isn't great and he's sure to come on for the run. On the other hand I was very impressed by Akeed Mofeed last week and the Oxx stable is in serious form.

The trouble is we know he will not be knocked about and there are other days in mind but I think 5/1 compensates for that.

Back