Born to Sea

Its the last stable where you'd expect to hear anything hugely positive before a race. Sea The Stars being 16/1 in the week before the Guineas, whilst everyone was still focussing on Arazan, was the best example of this. I haven't checked, but running him in a Listed race first time out doesn't seem the Oxx style, so I'd have to take that as a positive.

Nice - plenty went wrong for him and he still got up. Green and still a bit unfurnished but that'll do for me!

No problem lads. I don't make stuff up. I would take what I was told about the gallop as gospel. The money came late.

The hype that is around the horse I'm not surprised they were very reserved about his chances. Oxx has two very good horses on his hands because they think an awful lot of the horse that beat Athens whos name I can never remember.

Last edited:
Thanks Grey. The rest of the conversation last night surrounded the chances of Azamata (Curragh 6.00). Works very well at home and is better than the rest of the garbage 2yo the stable has this year. He has a live chance. I do wonder what I am going to do during the winter when I'll know nothing!

Last edited:
I spent the best part of 2 hours last night building a case for a lay of Fame and Glory being my only bet of the day but just couldn't bring myself to do it.Went out and had a cash bet on Jukebox Jury and a reverse forecast with Red Cadeaux.

Thanks, Gearoid, that's the sort of hearsay you are quite welcome to relay.

:D

A good friend of mine said to me earlier this year "I've no idea how your not a millionaire". The words degenerate gambling alcoholic came to mind. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks Grey. The rest of the conversation last night surrounded the chances of Azamata (Curragh 6.00). Works very well at home and is better than the rest of the garbage 2yo the stable has this year. He has a live chance. I do wonder what I am going to do during the winter when I'll know nothing!

Oh well. We managed to run into one there. 1.4 done in running. He looked home at the furlong pole.

Hard luck with Azamata, he did very well under a confident ride, the only problem was the winner looked a bit exceptional.

Back