Breeders Cup Meeting

You really do need to brush up on your ghetoisms, Shads. That was poor to be frank... :p

I'd love to see Raven's Pass in training next year but, in truth, if I was his owner I'd ship him off to stud to be honest.

A shot at the Dubai World Cup with Raven's Pass must be in their thoughts?

If Sheikh Mo isn't going to keep a Breeders' Cup Classic winner in training to win his own race, why should anyone else?

If Sheikh Mo isn't going to keep a Breeders' Cup Classic winner in training to win his own race, why should anyone else?

No one else can cos its his horse..

(Or his boilers i suppose)

I would imagine we will see the big players "target" the Breeders Cup more next year. If Coolmore, Godolphin etc land the Guineas or Derby you could see them on a summer break, return for the Irish Champion and then the Classic.

What a depressing thought. On the other hand the Arc is still the most prestigious race on the calender.

What a depressing thought. On the other hand the Arc is still the most prestigious race on the calender.

I do not think it is depressing, the Arc will obviously be high on the agenda but I don't think Coolmore will be trying to do a "Dylan Thomas" type campaign again. In saying that they do not look to have a 3 year old this season that will be kept in training next year and would be in the class of DT or DOM.

Reading James W today in the Racing Post, and his figures for the fractions of the Turf race are really unbelieveable. The first mile that RRC completed was pretty similar to Six Perfections mile time at the same track a couple of years back.

Six Perfections had to negotiate two tight turns also; RRC just the one over that first mile. Ground conditions were probably very similar but I don't see that as a particularly good illustration. I mean it's pretty obvious he went too fast, but the three pace-setters still finished 4th, 5th and 6th in a field of 11.

Reading the RP it appears that no decision has been made on whether or not Raven's Pass stays in training next year or not and I hope he does - he surely has a very good chance of winning all the prestigious races over 1m2f?

Reading James W today in the Racing Post, and his figures for the fractions of the Turf race are really unbelieveable. The first mile that RRC completed was pretty similar to Six Perfections mile time at the same track a couple of years back.

I read the article with a lot of interest.JW called it worse then the ride Spencer gave Powerscourt at Arlington.
I watch a fair bit of American racing and its nearly impossible to win a competetive race using the tactics that Murtagh used on Saturday.

Oaklawn Park had/has a 14f race on the final race of the season every year. I don't think there are many others run at that distance in the USA.

Very few american horses are bred to go that far. The race will probably be run at a crawl with a sprint finish.

Back