Breeders Cup Meeting

Imitation is the highest form of praise.

Let's see if Dundalk racecourse ever do anything that Great Leighs would like to imitate without any prompting.:rolleyes: I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Imitation is the highest form of praise.

Let's see if Dundalk racecourse ever do anything that Great Leighs would like to imitate without any prompting.:rolleyes: I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Built on budget, on time, and with super prize money...just a start.

Its unfortunate for GL that this has happened but such is life.

How long until these conditions races are Group contests if the big guns continue use them as steppng stones to the BC?

For the big guns to "continue [to] use them as stepping stones to the BC?" they have to start using them as stepping stones to the BC in the first place!

What, like a grandstand on the right side of the track?

Ok let's all carry on with the cheap jibes... :rolleyes:
How many times do you all have to be told, it was decisions of the County Council etc etc which created that situation; it's decisions of councils [various] which have delayed a lot of other advances, inc the fitting out of the current stand, now finally getting moving - and so on.. If Holmes had had his way we would be looking at a first Breeders Cup Trials there next week with a 20,000 stand the correct side of the track, and everything that goes with it. The story is on the website, as it has been for a long time - but I guess most people would rather carry on the knocking than inform themselves

I think GLs will have the last laugh on this one

Ok let's all carry on with the cheap jibes... :rolleyes:
How many times do you all have to be told, it was decisions of the County Council etc etc which created that situation; it's decisions of councils [various] which have delayed a lot of other advances, inc the fitting out of the current stand, now finally getting moving - and so on.. If Holmes had had his way we would be looking at a first Breeders Cup Trials there next week with a 20,000 stand the correct side of the track, and everything that goes with it. The story is on the website, as it has been for a long time - but I guess most people would rather carry on the knocking than inform themselves

I think GLs will have the last laugh on this one

I dont think anyone is going to "have the last laugh"...this is one off, storm in a teacup.

Of course it is a storm in a teacup. If the two AW tracks want to host rival races at the same time of year then they are going to have to prove themselves. Neither race/fixture is established, both being inaugural, so both have to make sure they attract the runners over the other track. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition and it's a dog eat dog world when it comes to businesses.

The expectation would surely be that Irish BC candidates to go Dundalk and British to Great Leighs (stating the obvious). French candidates might go to GL if they were arsed. GL are putting on a full range of races which gives them an advantage in terms of Irish trainers with more than one possible runner deciding that they might as well send them all to GL. But for all we know, the races might end up like Newbury's Arc Trial...

The earlier points about GL's superior suitability as a prep location simply don't make any logical sense as the Breeders Cup has never been run on Polytrack (and won't be until 2011 at the very earliest, with Churchill Downs currently pencilled in after Santa Anita's two years), and the layout of the track is made irrelevant by the BC switching between courses as diverse as Belmont and Lone Star Park.

Important night tonight, Santa Anita is back on tonight with the first races due to be run on their new all weather surface.

Anyone know if Enticing is going for the Turf Sprint?

Definitely interests me if she does - 6f on a downhill, fast turf course.

Looks like the classic is a strong possibility for Ravens Pass now. Gets a mile very well now, 10 furlongs within his range?

Pray DOM misses the Arc, runs in Dundalk and sets himself up nicely for the Classic. Henrythenavigator and Ravens Pass would obviously be respected but the brutal test of the classic would really play into DOM's favour.

Back