Rip drawn 10, Twive Over drawn 5 ,Zenyatta Drawn 4

Zenyatta 5/2
Twice Over 20/1
Summer Bird 9/2
Gio Ponti 12/1
Einstein 12/1
Rip 7/2

Last edited:
How many pacesetters in the Breeders Cup? Do not like the look of Rip's draw particularly if he misses the break.

I would expect Regal Ransom to go to the front..Quality Road may go too. but would not think it would be a frantic pace.

Beethoven and Alfred Nobel both 20/1 ..can't be ..

The Americans will look at Albert Nobels form and see he finished 5th last time without knowing what actually happened - that will ensure he is a decent price.

Is it just me (I am not affording enough respect to some of the American runners?), or are nearly all of the Ballydoyle horses overpriced?

Think I might need to lie down for a while after reading this... :D

Was quite sweet on Viscount Nelson for the Juvenile Turf after the Champagne (step up in trip and likely strong gallop sure to suit), but that form looks pretty average with the benefit of hind sight and 4/1 doesn't look any more than fair at this stage.

What do our American experts make of the American juvenile crop as a whole? Don't seem to be any Vindications or Sweet Catomines lurking (closest thing seems to be the Baffert horse?).

Not a hugely exciting renewal tbh.

Fortune has been jocked off Pounced and Rainbow View as well - whose decision is it - a coalition of owners or Gosden's ?

Rip reported to have another foot problem. You couldn't make it up!

Indeed. If Rip lines up his pool price could be quite big... so the Zenyatta ante-post strategy looks to have worked whether Rip lines up or not (6/1 looks huge). Probably have the chance to stake smaller to a bigger price on Rip now.

Jerry Moss (owner, Zenyatta, Classic, post 4): "I think she deserves the favoritism [morning-line favorite at 5-2]. She's a super athlete."
As to how the decision was made to run in the Classic rather than the Ladies' Classic: "We all watched everything she did over time, watching works and studying her races. Then we got together Sunday night and said if there is the slightest doubt, we would not run in the Classic. Everybody said she was ready.
"So now I think everybody is in for a treat come Saturday. I love racing and I wish more people felt the same way. I hope maybe this will get more people interested in the game."
</SPAN>

Last edited:
Fortune has been jocked off Pounced and Rainbow View as well - whose decision is it - a coalition of owners or Gosden's ?

Gosden decided Dettori had significant experience of the track for DRM, while Jimmy hasn't ridden there. Local experience for RQ (who Fortune was not expecting to ride).

I'm thinking the same. This may seem a little strange, but I think Delegator has most to fear from his stablemate.

Here are the links to the cards for Friday and Saturday. Good site.

Friday's Card:
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/OSA110609USA-EQB.html

Saturday's Card:
http://www.equibase.com/static/entry/OSA110709USA-EQB.html

Are these morning line odds (right hand column) a good pointer as to what they are likely to be? I can't believe Alfred Noble and Beethoven would be 20/1?! :blink:

The morning line odds are really no more than a best guess at this stage. Although I'd expect the two you mention to be double-digits (but to have chances that were better than that).

ML odds are equivalent to our way of stating odds. But watch out for some of the screen prices you will see on the night. They are usually shown to a $2 stake (i.e. you'll need to half them to get the price). Sometimes they convert them so it can get a bit confusing.

Last edited:
She'll have to be from the draw she is in.

The draw of course won't help, but she can finish to great effect from just off the pace. If she can get a position in the front handful off the final turn (which I expect her to do), it'll take a good one that has flown to beat her... maybe Delegator can do that.

I think Goldikova has question marks to answer after her last run as well. I do not buy that it was simply a prep for the BC - she was miles below her best.

The yanks are running scared of Mastercraftsman:

Mastercraftsman is Strong Dirt Mile Favorite

Updated: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:10 PM

European Mastercraftsman who finished only a length behind Sea the Stars in the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) in England, will be the shortest-priced morning-line favorite of the 14 Breeders’ Cup races in the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I). Cross-entered in the Dirt Mile and the Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I), Mastercraftsman has opted for the mile race and is listed at 6-5 on the morning line.

The Aiden O’Brien 3-year-old drew the rail in the Dirt Mile, which attracted 10 entrants. Originally, 21 horses pre-entered the Dirt Mile, but several entered other Breeders’ Cup races instead. Johnny Murtagh, who has been aboard in all seven of Mastercraftsman’s victories, is set to pilot the colt. Those wins include four group I events, two of those at a mile. In his lone effort over a synthetic surface, Mastercraftsman won the Diamond Stakes (Ire-III) in Ireland.

Back