Breeder's Cup Meeting

Rip is 7/4 with Powers and 7/2 on the morning line. How do i go about backing him on the morning line??

Is the morning line a tissue or a fixed odds relflection of the current pool price? Just wait for the day del. Cleary state of yous slip - US pool return. I did it last year for Ravens Pass and got 12-1 as opposed to the industry SP of 8-1.

Yeah Gearoid, i was just looking at the Paddypower homepage there and they have a PMU odds button, so il wait until the day and have some of that i wreckon. Cheers.

I'm not sure about Lillie Langtry being the Guineas winner - I think Russian Rhythms 2yo, Safina, looked a really nice type the other day - she was 3rd on debut on bad ground at Newmarket.
Out here I do fancy Delegator as I think his style of running and being and more of atypical 7f will suit out here.
Others I like are Sarah Louise. I am worried about Rips foot injury in that the tight tracks can cause further problems and it is riding fast and shallow. I'd also be concerned by the sweating - it is not overly hot over here at the moment - there is a light breeze and nothing else I have seen has turned a hair. I watched one race on the aw yesterday and they were most definitely finishing strongly on it. The other race I went over for was turf and that is riding fast.

I think Coolmore will be hugely disappointed if Lillie Langtry doesn't win. She'd look to have near a stone in hand on the level i'd expect of the americans.

Rip Van Winkle looked fine to me and was a free sweater in the build up to all his races over here so it is no surprise to see him sweating up over there.

Ferneley really impressed me with his appearance on the gallops - bizarre to think this ex Irish horse is one of the best in the States right now but I might have a place interest in him in the mile come Saturday.

Ferneley really impressed me with his appearance on the gallops - bizarre to think this ex Irish horse is one of the best in the States right now but I might have a place interest in him in the mile come Saturday.

Gal unless he's grown wings I wouldn't touch him.

I've had a look in various places at some of the American form, and Lillie Langtry looks really, really big at 3s, and I can't see that lasting. Added to that, everyone in the O'Brien camp couldn't be more confident about her, and it she looks worth a decent interest.

I'll also be looking to back Zacinto on the American Tote tommorrow night if he's around his ML 8/1. There looks to be a good deal of pace likely to be on, which should see Zacinto to best effect. Scope for further progress as well.

I really like the look of the two Godolphin contenders in the Dirt Mile, and whilst i think 11/2 offers a little value for midshipman, 10/1 is very much on the generous side for Pyro.

Thanks Galileo for the link - interesting to watch the horses on the course in the morning.

I heard that Racing UK were showing the BC races for free? I only have Freeview - does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch it live ?

Thanks Galileo for the link - interesting to watch the horses on the course in the morning.

I heard that Racing UK were showing the BC races for free? I only have Freeview - does anyone know if there is anywhere to watch it live ?

ATR and RUK..think Hamm has some internet links?

Is it better to back Lillie Langtry on the American odds or Uk?

You'd be better off laying her on Betfair....

A speculative ew bet on Elusive Galaxy in it for me. Highly regarded filly in Lyons yard before making the switch Stateside.

As an aside, I do not give ATR much credit but fair play to them this week for their build up to the BC meeting all week. They have showed The Works everyday this week and have had pieces on the meeting on week with the various interviews.

RUK on the other hand has been pretty pathetic - talking through a few races and emails during their evening meeting coverage but with loads of spare time they could easily have done much more in terms of features, race replays or evening showing classic BC races. They have been showing the same bloody repeats all day of Haydock etc and are only on air from 8pm with no Willoughby.

Back