Breeder's Cup Meeting

RUK should be offering a lot more, as you say, especially when you consider the cost of a subscription.

You'd be better off laying her on Betfair....

A speculative ew bet on Elusive Galaxy in it for me. Highly regarded filly in Lyons yard before making the switch Stateside.

I will love it when she beats her....LOVE IT.....

Is this the first year the dirt mile is upgraded to Grade 1?
Yes it is Gal - think they've been having the same problems with the new BC races (both the Juvenile Turf races in particular) that Dubai had with the Al Shindagha, Golden Shaheen, 2000/1000 Guineas, Al Bastikiya, City of Gold and all the other Carnival races.

All the money for Father Time in the Marathon.

Not hard to see him reversing Leger form with Mastery over this sharper test. Looks to be plenty of likely pace from the likes of Black Astor and Nite Lite (while Cecil has said he wants Father Time closer to the pace than in the Leger as well), which I have long believed was crucial to his chances.

Black Astor would be a good outside bet if handling the step up - his best form is at 12f so if he handles the trip and the surface there will be worse ew bets.

I wouldn't trust Father Time to go through with his effort under pressure, and that puts me off.

Man of Iron to take a step forward for me; Mastery is a very admirable horse, and I like him, but he's not one for me at a short price.

Perfect from Murtagh, sitting out the back to perfection. Don't think the horse stayed it out, looked on the turn to be making a huge move and then flattened out, but the time spent on the rail early on seems to have saved him.

I'm trying to watch via the BC site but can't seem to get any sound :( Great ride from Murtagh though hope it's a sign of things to come

Am i correct in saying as it's only been around 2 years, this is an ungraded stakes race? Pity for Coolmore, nearly snuck some serious black type with one of the best bred horses in the world.

You are correct that it's Ungraded, Hugh. However it may still carry black type, as a Listed race might.

No problem - the ads on this are worth watching, advertising all the stallions and farms; nice ad just on now for thewayyouare.

Back