Breeders Cup

Behkabad to run in the Breeders Cup turf. Currently 5s. He will certainly be carrying my money.

Behkabad never had a clear run in the Arc. He was squeezed between Fame and Cavalryman and was hampered slightly by the weakening Cape Blanco. 5/1 is a very fair price as the course will suit him more than Fame and Workforce doesn't appeal at a short price.

Provided Lemaire manages to avoid dead end's I think Behkabad will beat Workforce and Fame and Glory. Pretty comfortably as well.

5's is a very good price considering this is weaker than the Arc.

Only a lenght in front of a hampered Fame in the Arc though Hamm.

Indeed, and it is a fair point. However, Behkabad met a lot of interference as well and Lemaire accepted his fate pretty quickly - watching it again i think he was travelling the best (Sarafina aside) before he lost his chance. I can't imagine the track will suit Fame at all.

Sometimess the track thing can be over played - who would have thought High Chaparral would have been able to win on firm ground at Santa Anita?

Ride him up the front aggressively and the track will not be an excuse for his defeat - in fact it may help him nick if from the front.

Sometimess the track thing can be over played - who would have thought High Chaparral would have been able to win on firm ground at Santa Anita?

To be fair I don't think he ran to his very best that day. If he had a non-stayer like Falbrav would have been beaten further than he was.

Ride him up the front aggressively and the track will not be an excuse for his defeat - in fact it may help him nick if from the front.

Soldier of Fortune anyone?

Seriously though, I've gotten sucked into backing Ballydoyle horses heading over as an after-thought too many times before.

Speaking of Fame And Glory, I vaguely remember saying on here in the Spring that I thought Fame And Glory could win a 10f Group 1 (Eclipse or Juddmonte two that came to mind) given a decent gallop at a stiff track. I'm happy to admit I was wrong on that point at this stage.

Last edited:
Soldier of Fortune anyone?

Seriously though, I've gotten sucked into backing Ballydoyle horses heading over as an after-thought too many times before.

Speaking of Fame And Glory, I vaguely remember saying on here in the Spring that I thought Fame And Glory could win a 10f Group 1 (Eclipse or Juddmonte two that came to mind) given a decent gallop at a stiff track. I'm happy to admit I was wrong on that point at this stage.

Soldier Of Fortune was ridden into crazy opening fractions with Red Rock Canyon. In fairness F&G never got the chance to run in a 10 furlong race Group 1 race all summer/autumn.

For you tech guys/gals

The Breeders’ Cup has launched the Breeders’ Cup iPhone App in advance of the Nov. 5-6 World Championships at Churchill Downs. The Breeders’ Cup application, developed by Rock Software, will allow iPhone users to watch all 14 Breeders’ Cup World Championship races live and for free. The Breeders’ Cup also announced plans to release an iPad App, including all the same features, in advance of the World Championships.
The iPhone App will offer the following:
--News and information leading up to and during World Championships
--Biographical information and current race records for all possible contenders in each division, using data provided by Equibase
--Wagering information, including the closest simulcast site based on the iPhone user’s current location, as well as a wagering calculator and the Betting 101 guide
--Information about Churchill Downs, including seat/facility maps, post times, and local weather
--Access to videos of every World Championship race ever run (1984-2009);
--Access to the Breeders’ Cup Twitter page​
--Ability to play the Breeders’ Cup trivia game and post scores to Facebook, Twitter, or on the Worldwide Leader Board.

Eloquent as always Bully!!!!!

They threw soldier of fortunes race away going too fast - Gal's right. I backed him as well and couldn;t believe what they did. If Murtagh can get the fractions right he would have a chance but I think Behkabad will have too much for him. I'm with Hamm on this one (And pocket talking - I backed both the Aga Khan horses) Behkabad was travelling best rounding the turn and got no run at all. F&G didn't either to be fair but when the gaps opened Behkabad went past him.

They threw soldier of fortunes race away going too fast - Gal's right. I backed him as well and couldn;t believe what they did. If Murtagh can get the fractions right he would have a chance but I think Behkabad will have too much for him. I'm with Hamm on this one (And pocket talking - I backed both the Aga Khan horses) Behkabad was travelling best rounding the turn and got no run at all. F&G didn't either to be fair but when the gaps opened Behkabad went past him.

Fair enough but that's the trouble really - he has to make it a stiff test to draw the sting out of the others.

He was keeping on for pressure in the Arc before getting mullered but I certainly don't think he would have threatened the front pair on that occasion.

Whatever else, it should be a cracking and well above-average renewal if all 3 turn up.

You may well be right but I think this year's Arc should be rated much lower than it has been, and would therefore be an unreliable indicator of how good Workforce really is. For example, is that Japanese horse really a 132 horse? Most probably not, and herein lies the problem of assuming every Arc is a good one.

For me, too many horses had extremely bad hard luck stories and consequently didn't do themselves justice. Who then do you rate the race through? Not fame, not the 2 Aga horses, not Lope de Vega, and several more.

Pathfork with a minor injury and will not be running in the juvenile.

His american owners will not be happy with that news. Be interesting to see where he will be targeted next year given the strength of the Dewhurst lineup.

Kentucky Derby still in the picture I would say but there will still be a question of whether he can handle the dirt at Churchill Downs.

With Fame And Glory virtually confirmed a non runner - will they ship Joshua Tree back for the Breeders Cup or is that asking too much?

Back