Breeders Cup

They could have run one or two this year - sadly the attrition rate on dirt is horrendous - it was far from just a freak accident.

What could they have ran? Cape Blanco is clearly over the top and they had the sense not even to send him to the Turf.

What could they have ran? Cape Blanco is clearly over the top and they had the sense not even to send him to the Turf.

They had taken a deliberate decision before he was injured to run RVW in the Mile last year he ran in the Classic - Beethoven could easily have run in the Classic rather than the Mile - and if it were on Pro Ride I suspect he would have done. His Irish Champion form is better than his Mile runs.

Last edited:
Great quotes by Freddie Head during the week. Not sure has he got the praise he deserves for his handling of Goldikova.

Also, glad that he touched on the 'Grade 1s' Zenyatta has won.

If she wins the classic, will you then give her credit? :p

Who's commentating this year? Denman (awaits jokes about it interrupting his jumps campaign) or Mark Johnson? Not sure who's the lesser of the two evils.

I gather the turf is pretty firm out there and the Stoutey camp are not happy with it for Workforce - hope they don't run if they have any doubts.

I gather the turf is pretty firm out there and the Stoutey camp are not happy with it for Workforce - hope they don't run if they have any doubts.

Why bring the horse to the Breeders Cup if you are seriously concerned about firm ground? What were they expecting particularly with the forecast they were given.

0.56 inches of rain since the start of August - it rain heavily for 2 hours one day last week at the training track at CD Gal.

Been getting told by a friend who works at the training track over there that it's a million anything other than fast and firm for the going descriptions.

Poor stuff from the Workforce camp if they didn't envisage this happening.

Winter Memories the NAP in the Juvenile Fillies Turf - the horse looks an absolute beast.

About flat going, its unfortunate that the UK and French horses are so used to going which are 'slow' side of good therefore when they see a bit of good to firm, they all get scared. i really dont understand why there is a problem when track records are broken at Royal Ascot, Ebor meeting etc when we have the best horses running, surely times will get broken or dip below standard. However, the standard policy is slap on more and mroe water if it gets close to record time. Thereby, its dicriminate horses which really favour good/firm ground, this also happen at the festival.

Racing in most other countries on the flat is good to firm or even firm. Flat racing should be on good to firm ground, not the over watered filth we have over here, the state of the ground over some of our courses are a disgrace imo. I think the horses get 'cotton wool' too much over ground over here.

They're putting down water, if I heard this correctly (it seems really bizarre) for 'ten minutes every night'. Ten minutes worth of water is bugger all. That would just get wicked away by morning sun, surely?

They're putting down water, if I heard this correctly (it seems really bizarre) for 'ten minutes every night'. Ten minutes worth of water is bugger all. That would just get wicked away by morning sun, surely?

Not here it wouldn't!

In the turf think Dangerous Midge will go very close Workforce or no Workforce. I'm treating myself to some of the 8/1

Love the horse (did me a right turn a year ago at Doncaster) but how he's shorter in the betting than Debussy is a mystery. Debussy was third in a "proper" Group One last time out after winning a "non proper" one before that. A tight left-handed track is right up his street.

Can't see him beating Workforce, the French colt or Debussy myself especially as he has the habit of throwing the odd poor run in too.

I'm not sure about Debussy at the trip, i really don't think they are going to risk Workforce, why would they? Agree Bekhabad will be tough to beat but having been there the day he won at Newbury think he could be a horse that is just coming to himself and he has been targeted specifically for this race since.

What's the nap for the Breeders Cup

I know it's not very original but Zenyetta must retire undefeated - same style as Sea the Stars - only just does enough - she has never gotten the credit she deserves - the Queen will retire undefeated on Saturday evening !!

Ryan Moore knows Paco well and off that draw he has his best chance of beating Goldikova .

A bit of sevens available on him - drawn 9 should not be too much of an inconvenience - saw him win his maiden at the Curragh - needed every yard of the 10f. Dramatically improved with step up in trip latest - back a couple of furlongs again - Can a horse rated somewhere in the nineties win a Breeders Cup race. Know f all about the opposition bar a limited amount about Precision Break - think BH should beat him.

Back