Breeders Cup

It is three weeks to the Breeder's Cup so if he comes out of last night's race ok, he should be all right. He had a very light season so that might help him.

The more I look at the race, the more that Behkabad is the best bet of the year.

Workforce is less likely to run than run imo and that leaves Debussy and Dangerous Midge as the only credible opponents and what price would they have been in the Arc?

If Workforce doesn't run, Behkabad will be odds on and as Euro says, Arc winners have a poor record as well as the fact he might need time between runs.

Great to see Workforce in the turf in now what could be a small field with Paddy O'Prada and Gio Ponti missing the race now for other BC races.

If Workforce wins this he will surely be off to stud.

He will be the only horse to win the Arc and BC Double.

If Workforce wins this he will surely be off to stud

It does seem likely that this is true and if they weren’t confident that he can win there would be no point in running him. As a Derby and Arc winner he sets a high standard. If he can reproduce his form from either race he would win this even in a good year. The race suits a horse with plenty in the tank late in the season and can be a good target for those that were unlucky in the Arc or not quite there at Arc time. While Workforce sets the standard he could be vulnerable to a horse like this. Nevertheless I wouldn’t want to be backing against him.

For those that are keen on him, Lookin At Lucky is reportedly shaping well for the Classic.

Trained by Bob Baffert, he clocked 1:10.80 this week in a 6 furlong workout at Hollywood Park, best of 11 workouts at the distance on the Cushion Track. The second-fastest workout at the distance was 1:12.

I see the Post now has something up about LAL on its website:

Lookin At Lucky delights in final Classic workout
USA: Connections of Lookin At Lucky were delighted with the condition of the Breeders' Cup Classic second favourite after he completed his final major workout for the race on Monday.
The three-year-old, winner of the Preakness Stakes and Haskell Invitational this season, trailed a workmate by 12 lengths in a six-furlong gallop at Hollywood Park before running on strongly in the home stretch to lead at the finish.
Bob Baffert, who trains Lookin At Lucky for Mike Pegram, told the Daily Racing Form: "I wanted that other horse to be way in front. I wanted something for him to focus on. This was his last major work. Now, we'll play the waiting game."
Lookin At Lucky's jockey Martin Garcia was more effusive about his mount and said: "He worked amazing. To ride in that race, and to have a powerful horse, that's great."

For anyone interested in weather reports they've had 0.56 inches of rain in Louisville since August - they've had a bit more today but that's likely to be it for a while now apparently.

Also the switch back to dirt makes the non-turf races much less attractive . Nobody at Coolmore I imagine wants to risk a repeat of what happened to George .

Also the switch back to dirt makes the non-turf races much less attractive . Nobody at Coolmore I imagine wants to risk a repeat of what happened to George .

If they had a horse they thought would go on dirt with the ability to win the Classic, he'd be running, of that I've no doubt. And that's the way it should be. What ever happened to George Washington was just a freak accident.

If they had a horse they thought would go on dirt with the ability to win the Classic, he'd be running, of that I've no doubt. And that's the way it should be. What ever happened to George Washington was just a freak accident.

They could have run one or two this year - sadly the attrition rate on dirt is horrendous - it was far from just a freak accident.

Back