Breeding & Bloodstock 2013

Yes, the STS are mostly doing well - 41 through the ring, 33 sold. Average price of about £260k. Median around £200k. Interesting his median and average for his weanlings in 2011 was higher than his yearling offerings this season.

Think STS was in the 95k ball park and they went mental with Ghostzapper at 150k IIRC.

Think Frankel will be in the 125k ballpark even in the current times of austerity :)

Ghostzapper's fee for this year was $20k.

Don't expect Frankel to be a success at stud, just hope!

He doesn't have an outstanding son yet...

Early March
Harbinger
Rail Link
Shaweel
Strategic Prince
Thousand Words
Zambezi Sun
Zoffany

11 crops have only given us those lot.

For Coolmore / Ballydoyle I meant...Zoffany although giving Frankel a fright did little else.

it's unusal he had so much speed with that pedigree. It came from Damson but I don't know where she got it from. Maybe he'll get 1m/1m2 horses.

I guess they'll put him in the same as Strategic prince. 4K. That end of the price spectrum is getting v competitive.

He doesn't have an outstanding son yet...

Early March
Harbinger
Rail Link
Shaweel
Strategic Prince
Thousand Words
Zambezi Sun
Zoffany

11 crops have only given us those lot.

Harbinger was an outstanding horse. Has a 140 Timeform rating, and a timefigure for the King George of 135. Only one horse has recorded faster figs this century, and you can guess who that was.

In which case Miesque's point makes little sense as most of those haven't had a proper chance yet to produce something good (or anything at all).

In which case Miesque's point makes little sense as most of those haven't had a proper chance yet to produce something good (or anything at all).

I think you're missing the point - Dansili hadnt yet managed to produce adon of note despite having an ample time frame to do so. The list just indicated how few there is currently!

Everyone is aware of how well Harbinger ran that day (give or take a few lbs)
The discussion originated because Coolmore deciding to stand a Son Of Dansili, who was not top class and didn't train on or get a trip, indicates a strong desire to find a successor to Dansili no matter what. So far after 12 racing crops Dansili has failed to produce a stallion as good as himself. He is 17 next year. Having said that Green desert was an old boy when Oasis Dream and Invincible spirit came along. So who knows, maybe Harbinger is the one but what he did on track will not influence that .

Okay, apologies.

When I first got into racing, I remember reading that Sadler's Wells wasn't a great sire of sires, he too managed to put that right!

Back