Breeding & Bloodstock 2013

Yes I remember the one about him never having a Derby horse either and the one about Presentings not being able to stay around Cheltenham ...funny old game :)

He doesn't have an outstanding son yet...

Early March
Harbinger
Rail Link
Shaweel
Strategic Prince
Thousand Words
Zambezi Sun
Zoffany

11 crops have only given us those lot.

Miesque, I think that list is telling only half the story here.
All horses on that list (bar Zoffany) were conceived when Dansili was standing for 12.500 or less. Since then, better and bigger books of mares have been visiting him and it is expected than more better-bred stallions will come in the future by him, hopefully some of them will success at stud.

Gareth, Harbinger is still in Japan. He covered 211 in his first season there in 2011. This year, 222 mares visited him.

Miesque, I think that list is telling only half the story here.
All horses on that list (bar Zoffany) were conceived when Dansili was standing for 12.500 or less. Since then, better and bigger books of mares have been visiting him and it is expected than more better-bred stallions will come in the future by him, hopefully some of them will success at stud.

I'd agree with that.

As the horse didn't run as a 3yo, you'd have to question his soundness. Struggled in G1 company. Plus the high cost of sending a mare to Coolmore, not sure he'd be high my list with others having more appeal.

Very hard to place - brilliantly consistent; 20 black type placings from 21 stakes starts. Never hit the board at G1 though. Dansili..... If they're commercial he's going to be booked out before Christmas. Anywhere between 5-10k

They we commercial...4k

Dragon Pulse 6k

Invincible spirit....went from 5k to 65k!!!

How is Bernardini getting on in the States, Miesque?

I remember they were all the rage at the sales a couple of years back. Godolphin/Darley seem to have a fair few Bernardinis in Europe, but I haven't seen many on the track as of yet.

We've got a few - I like them and so do the buyers if sales figures are anything to go buy. He's averaging $250k for yearlings this year off a stud fee of $60k (about 50 sold). 20% winners to runners currently with a 2.01 Apex rating. 18 graded winners from three crops on the track.

Sir Prancealot injured and retired to Tally-ho Stud. Another 2yo to stud....

Lawman fee jacked to 20k

Nathaniel at 20k - interesting one, imo

--------------

Currently considering my choices for next season and seriously considering Henrythenavigator for one.

Saw that..ridiculous price. Black Sam Bellamy started at €7.5k as a dual group one winner and half brother to Galileo.

Then again, if his management is anything like STS it'll be off putting for mare owners.

Twice Over to South Africa to be syndicated.

Tobougg moves to Anngrove.

Bahamian Bounty fee increased to £10k.Dick Turpin reduced to £5k. Pastoral Pursuits reduced to £5.5k. Cockney Rebel reduced to £2.5k

Back