Breeding & Bloodstock 2013

Didn't want to start a thread, so apologies for using this one.

Asking for a quote for insurance for my foal (11 weeks old) and the broker asked how tall did I think he would be? What would that have to do with premium costs?

Either that or make up some really complicated mathematical formula (unsolvable!) and get them to try and work it out for themselves

Sum assured based on 3 x stud fee the broker said so really don't see what height he might be has to do it? I thought he said how big is he now, so I said about 5ft 4!!

Didn't want to start a thread, so apologies for using this one.

Asking for a quote for insurance for my foal (11 weeks old) and the broker asked how tall did I think he would be? What would that have to do with premium costs?

Normally premium for a horse racing under rules is about 10.5% of the value. You can calculate from there. I`ve given up insuring since thy don`t want to pay you in any case if you have a claim

Coolmore have announced their prices for 2014, the first season stallions are

Camelot 25,000 euro

Declaration of War 40,000 euro

Most Improved 6,000 euro

I'm humming and hawing on DOW, the "good" mare goes into quarantine for America and a War Front cover next season in a week. Save the flight costs plus €25k of stud fees and use DOW?

Cam is where I thought he would be. I'd still use him over Pour Moi. Most Improved is an odd one and a bit clutching at straws for some outside blood perhaps.

Was Nureyev not sub fertile too ?
Short surviving sperm I believe but they managed him to high fertility.
Covering two mares a day is what all stallions should be limited to imo.
Nice problem to have Miesque as problems go!
( I am just envious as hell but will get over it ).
Best of luck whatever your decision; keep us posted please !

Was Nureyev not sub fertile too ?
Short surviving sperm I believe but they managed him to high fertility.
Covering two mares a day is what all stallions should be limited to imo.
Nice problem to have Miesque as problems go!
( I am just envious as hell but will get over it ).
Best of luck whatever your decision; keep us posted please !

She's going to War Front. Also using Varrazano, Invincible Spirit, Holy Roman, Fame and Glory, Henry and Teofilo. I've got an Al Kazeem option but not really sure what to use it on...may end up selling it.

Other well known names among the early sales,

Bless the Wings to Tom Malone 16k
Kumbeshwar to Lucinda Russell 23k
Cash and Go to Venetia Williams 30k
Gauvain to Typhoon Bloodstock 5.8k

At risk of speaking too soon, there will be two foals in the johnson household next year, Grape has her 28day "heartbeat scan" next week, so far there is one big fat pregnancy to Arvico and I am also in foal. Fully intend to foal her down by telling her it's not that difficult and to get on with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back