British Flat Jockeys Title

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I topped up on Hughes when he was 4 down prior to Wolves and now average a lay of Hanagan at 1.07. With the gap now back at 2, this is how things stand tomorrow:

Hughes - Ceffyl Gwell Tissue 11/4f
Hannagan - Vantaa Tissue 10/1

Fettuccinne 9/4f
Iceblast 7/2 2f

Expose 9/4f
No Poppy 11/2 2f

Thats A Fret 20/1
Justonefortheroad 10/1

Middle Club 10/1
Les Fazzani 7/1 2f

Senate 6/1 jf
Tepmokea 14/1

Croisultan 11/1
Kaldoun Kingdom 10/1

At the moment they bet 2/9 & 4/1 (best prices) Hanagan 1.23 to back & 1.25 to lay, Hughes 5 & 5.3.

Big chance for Hughes to build momentum with the first 3 fav's, if he got 2 wins out of them the draw comes into play big time, even possibility of the handshake... I feel he'll only get 1 though and if it's the first or second race I'll probably hedge a bit.

Glad it's gone to the final day though, just hoping for a typical Hughes arrive late on the scene victory!

Last edited:
Hopeing for a Hanagan win. Hughes could rest peacefully (ish) in the knowledge that he had given his all. Hanagan would feel mugged.

Fancy Hanagans in the first.

I think Hughes has picked up two nice rides at big prices on the Mc Ateer horses, particularly. Id be very keen to back it today, and a small ew double with Thats a Fret....Damn sabatical.

Well done to Hanagan but a shame the day has turned out to be such a damp squib for their rides .

Tough on Hughes who has ridden brilliantly all year but he lost it in the stewards room.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a draw, after the huge effort put into this by both men. God knows, they were riding right to the edge of what the BHA permits in order to get there. Hughes has looked more skin and bones than usual, and even Hanagan's charming twinkle was looking a weeny bit tired the past few days. It's been riveting stuff, and both deserve a very big pat on the back, and plenty of carrots in their feed tonight.

In a world not so far, far away, I seem to remember Ardross hammering Hughes at any available opportunity!!!

I'm glad Hanagan won, he really deserved it.

This tickled me S. De Sousa(BRZ) riding a horse in 3:00 Catterick - Born To Be Achamp(BRZ) trained by G Harker & 16/1 - I can already see the headlines if this wins, got to have a small e/way :D

Back