British Flat Jockeys Title

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
This will be really tough on Hanagan to be leading the whole season virtually only to be caught so close home..typical Hughes!

They're covering it relatively extensively on Five Live which is good to see. They have a Ruby Walsh interview sometime after 9 as well.

I think they will just go for it but I would be a big seller of "total rides" for the loser next season!

Very good ride there from Paul Hanagan. Two clear with two days to got. I think this is over now.

Massive race in the context of the title, a winner at Southwell tomorrow might just be enough for Hanagan.

It's been amazingly exciting. Hughes looks like a skull, his skin is stretched like parchment. God knows how Paul remains looking so bright. A week ago he said he wanted it over with, so these days, hours even, must be like walking through treacle. Good on them both - I wish it'd end in a dead heat, as they've put body and soul into it.

In the last nine seasons 177 (Kieran Fallon 2004) was the highest amount of winners ridden without winning the title. I would imagine the loser on Saturday will rank very highly on the all time list for riding most winners in a season with winning the title. Does anyone know who is next in the list after Jason Weaver?

Of the 40 some might ask you to keep Richard Hills, Robert Winston, Adrian Nicholls and Philip Robinson for varying reasons.

Actually he came back from way back off a slow pace, dont actually think it was a great ride. That horse would have won ridden by most.

Not the best set of rides for Hughes - he'll do well to be only 2 behind at the of the day, which would give him a right chance with his rides tomorrow.

3 down but he now has a full book at Wolves tonight.

It depends I reckon on how close he is - he has better rides than Hanagan on paper tomorrow - but if he goes 4 down after Wolves it is curtains and a flight to Kentucky !!!

Last edited:
In the last nine seasons 177 (Kieran Fallon 2004) was the highest amount of winners ridden without winning the title. I would imagine the loser on Saturday will rank very highly on the all time list for riding most winners in a season with winning the title. Does anyone know who is next in the list after Jason Weaver?

Anyone have any idea on this? I can't find anything online.

There is seasonal data on the RP site but it doesn't necessarily tally up with the official jockeys title.

Wonder if Spencer will feel the need to get another new agent for next season. Fewer rides and fewer winners in 2010 than 2009. Or should he look closer to home for the problem?

I reckon Spencer is fairly restricted by his strange retainer with the Hays. Not that I've been following him particularly closely but he seems to be riding more on gaff northern tracks riding horses for the Hays and Tom Tate this year.

He has a retainer with them. Not sure where Spencer can go or do since most of the 'big' or 'good' jobs are taken up already.

2 in it again.I have had a long and head wrecking week at work and this is a great way to relax(without having a bet).

Agree, been very enjoyable. Makes the sand racing a lot more bearable. I really hope Hughes draws level tomorrow and it ends in a tie.

Didn't Eddery ride 195 the year he lost to Cauthen.

Good shout. 197-195 which is just shy of where Hanagan and Hughes are. I suppose it did not do too much harm to Pat Eddery but the loser tomorrow is going to need a long holiday and a shrink.

Back