British Flat Jockeys Title

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
Yes Hughes should be available to ride on Friday should trainers wish to use him. Taken from the rules (courtesy of tdk)

25.3.6 the Rider was not declared to ride because he had already been declared to ride at nine meetings but subsequently did not ride at one of those meetings,

I'd make Wolverhampton favourite, possibles include:

5.05 Cruise Tothelimit
5.35 Best One / Radiator Rooney
6.10 Al Biruni (?)
6.40 Athaakeel
7.10 Pelham Crescent / Mons Calpe
7.40 Colour Scheme

I think 5/2 is still a bet, but fancy Hanagan to end his barren run on Ritual tomorrow at Lingfield.

Last edited:
Hughes' helicopter was grounded at Nottingham due to bad weather, so yes it's right that he didn't make it to the sandpit.

He has only one ride at present - wonder how many he suddenly gets when others "cry off" tomorrow . 3 down again after Ritual .

I thought Hughes went too soon in the last race -I'd say fatigue set in a long time ago.I wonder would laying all their rides at short prices be an angle between now and Saturday night.

I'd make Wolverhampton favourite, possibles include:

5.05 Cruise Tothelimit
5.35 Best One / Radiator Rooney
6.10 Al Biruni (?)
6.40 Athaakeel
7.10 Pelham Crescent / Mons Calpe
7.40 Colour Scheme

I think 5/2 is still a bet, but fancy Hanagan to end his barren run on Ritual tomorrow at Lingfield.

3booked so far, only one of those above as yet

Anyone remember Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis on the final of the snooker world championship in the 80's.An absolute classic but no shortage of mistakes.

Double for Hughes, 1 in it and the better book of rides on Saturday by far, only Southwell tomorrow can save Paul now I reckon..

I honesty would be 5/6 Hanagan 5/6 Hughes but maybe we are missing a piece of the jigsaw?

Edit - Betfair has chunks up at 2.76 to lay on Hughes so I'd guess we are missing something.

Last edited:
Very much a quick glance but Hanagan looks to have a pretty strong hand at Southwell tomorrow - could come out with a double or treble.

Hughes might have a stronger book of rides on Saturday but more likely to rack up a few on a Southwell Friday card than on the final meeting on a Saturday.

Some finish.

I honesty would be 5/6 Hanagan 5/6 Hughes but maybe we are missing a piece of the jigsaw?

Edit - Betfair has chunks up at 2.76 to lay on Hughes so I'd guess we are missing something.

thats why i asked about whats happening tomorrow and Saturday..can one of them only ride on one of the days?

Very much a quick glance but Hanagan looks to have a pretty strong hand at Southwell tomorrow - could come out with a double or treble.

Hughes might have a stronger book of rides on Saturday but more likely to rack up a few on a Southwell Friday card than on the final meeting on a Saturday.

Some finish.

are they both riding both days?

Sounds right Galileo. Neither jockey will want to be depending on having a winner on Saturday. Still one to go tonight.

Hanagan both meetings tomorrow and Doncaster Saturday, Hughes Wolverhampton tomorrow and Doncaster Saturday.

Last edited:
Back