Buying A Successful Broodmare

Kathy she is lovely and growing nicely too. :D your mare is beautiful such a wonderful head and a kind eye....Thanks for the update , its lovely to see how Lily is coming on :D

Buketts son Bellamy Prince won the main Derby Trail in Switzerland yesterday, the Swiss "Dante" so to say :laughing: ....

:clap:

2nd try:

DSC_0024.jpg

this is Bonfire Night, now a 2-year-old, and finally to go into training end of this month!

Oh wow, wasn't he born when yu had all that panic and almost lost Buckett? He looks mighty fine!
Great news about Bellamy Prince too, that must be satisfying

He is lovely Kathy , such presence @ substance ..thanks for the pics on how he is coming on

Is he sprint bred??!! LOL He looks a bit like two foals put together at the moment, with that huge backside, but it might just be a trick of the camera

He certainly looks very well made, not a spindly type at all :)
It will be really interesting to see how he develops

What I like best about him is the wild hair do! Great mane, looks like a mohawk! This is like one of those baby shots that your Mum drags out when you are big bad horse.

Headstrong, with his parentage (Katy-Q/Phoenix Reach), he could be anything. Phoenix Reach increased his distance with age, so it would be nice to think Dylan (stable name) could be a middle distance 2yo. There has been interest in him from two fairly big UK studs who also seem to think he is a cracker. Fingers crossed things continue to go to plan with him.

Isinglass, that's exactly why I love to keep all the photos. I will look back at them with his "wild hair" :eek: when he is groomed to within an inch of his life in years to come. He is very special - and he knows it!

I'm all for people breeding middle distance horses! Good luck with him, and also with him providing you with some more seedcorn for further investment. He looks really grand.

Hope he gets the right trainer etc etc - it must be so demoralising for a breeder to see their progeny go to one of the dodgy ones!

He's utterly gorgeous! Very stunning.

Having spent a day doing an equestrian shoot I suspect the 'quarter / shoulder' difference is very much a camera / angle combination, I've struggled with it all morning!

He's grand.

Thanks, Zozzy. I will post up some more later - just to see if I can get his confirmation looking a little more accurate! The problem is, unlike my filly who stood quietly whilst I photographed her, Katy and Dylan just wouldn't stand still. All of their "friends" were out in the paddock and they were a little upset that they were not allowed out to play. Katy loves it when Dylan is in the paddock as he is definitely the leader of the pack, and he leaves her alone for hours!

It will only be weeks now until both Lilly and Dylan are weaned. Some exciting times ahead I hope.

Kathy - believe me - you will hope they are NOT exciting ;)

Dylan really looks great, good luck with him! - And all, for sure.

Back