Cardiffians passing............

Merlin the Magician

At the Start
Sad to have to notify you that my brother Terry (The Cardiffian) passed away yesterday evening at 6-30, he has had a rough time of late and was in Velindre cancer hospital three weeks ago and his request was that he came home from hospital as he felt more comfortable, I left him yesterday at 1-40 pm he was in a comma and his wife Irene phoned me at 6-35 to tell me this sad news.....R.I.P. brother

He was an original on this board just after the split from Channel 4 he did not post but was an avid reader of all types of posts......

Oh no, I'm so sorry to read that, John.
My deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences to you at this sad time.

Terry was a stalwart in the racing competitions over on the now defunct FinalFurlong. Anytime a comp was mooted, the one certainty was that The Cardiffian would be at the top of the entrants list.
May the good man rest in peace.

Very sorry to hear that, Merlin.

The Cardiffian was one of the earliest names I encountered when I joined Horse Racing forums for the first time some dozen or so years ago. My condolences to you and the family.

Thoughts and prayers are with him, you and your families, John.

I know from personal experience that cancer is a right *******.

It's threads like this make you realise what a great community we have. We should all strive to meet more racing in 2016.

Sorry for your loss John :( my condolences to you and all his family.

I am moving this to the main racing forum as i know a lot of people knew him from here and other forums, and if they aren't logged in or members they won't see it in here, I hope thats ok?

RIP :(

Sorry to hear that, Merlin. Commiserations to you and all the extended family. RIP

Condolences Merlin - a stalwart of the forum especially in competitions and a gentleman as anyone who met him at Alan Morgan's race day at Lingfield would know .

John, only just seen this. Deepest sympathies to you and the family. Can only second what Ardross said about the meet up at lingfield.

Back