Celebration Mile

It could be argued that Premio Loco should be a tad shorter seeing as he ran really well at the track in May (beating Mac Love in the process) and is certainly a more reliable proposition for an each way bet than the likes of Cesare and Evasive.

I'd say Beacon Lodge is a reasonable e/w bet if the weather makes the ground a little easier. He ran well for a long way in the Sussex and is top class on his day.

I can't see anything to beat Delegator, his form from Newmarket and Royal Ascot should leave him winning with a bit in hand. Of the outsiders I like Beacon Lodge and think he could be good each way value.

This is the worry (one that will probably make him backable). Evasive seemed to take a backward step after being transferred... I may leave the race alone and wish Delegator well.

If Delegator was still with Meehan he would be a bet at evens I reckon.

Zacinto 2nd fav :confused:....tells you all you need to know about the chance of Delegator..will be a walk in the park ..evens is a good price indeed

do you guys not want gilt edged bets?..this is one

Zacinto 2nd fav :confused:....tells you all you need to know about the chance of Delegator..will be a walk in the park ..evens is a good price indeed

do you guys not want gilt edged bets?..this is one

I'd agree were it not for the somewhat debilitating Godolphin factor when appearing first time out from a different yard... Hope he can still win well for you though. I'd agree he should do.

What's wrong with Zacinto? Talented animal - you're making it sound like it's some yak.

There are many stables that a switch to Suroor would be a negative with. From Brian Meehan isn't one of them. Has anyone seen Crowded House recently?

Didn't he finish third in the International earning £100 grand in the Process? Oh no wait, that's the fucking parallel universe I sometimes inhabit, the one where Brian Meehan isn't a cock.

What's wrong with Zacinto? Talented animal - you're making it sound like it's some yak.

winning a listed race by a head is a little different to this race imo

using pure poetry and four winds as markers he is 3 lengths inferior..minimum.. to Delegator

unless I've missed something obvious I can't see how he beats Delegator

winning a listed race by a head is a little different to this race imo

using pure poetry and four winds as markers he is 3 lengths inferior..minimum.. to Delegator

unless I've missed something obvious I can't see how he beats Delegator

To be fair that was a pretty strong listed event that held a few group horses in Donativum, Four Winds, Gallagher and Ashram.

What I like about Zacinto is his head carridge, his composition and the way he strides out giving everything. He ran down in my opinion a very good soft ground handicapper who had first run from the front in taking fashion, I don't belive the horse wants soft personally I might be wrong.

The low numbers bar Zacinto were well out of the running, the next three home were drawn 9,7,8 yet he travelled so well into his race which I like in a horse the ones who automaticly pick up the gears naturally without having to be asked to do so

He has only had 3 runs but I think he is still open to any amount of improvement especially given a better surface he will hopefully get in the Celebration Mile, but I have that performance last time out around Group 2 level and think he'll beat Delegator especially if it becomes a fight.

Zacinto is a very nice animal with scope for improvement but if Delegator retains his form with Godolphin - Zacinto has on the line through Pure Poetry a great deal of improvement to find . He beat PP receiving 4lb by only just over half a length last time and Delegator has consistently been five or so lengths too good for the Hannon colt .

I would rather be backing Zacinto than Delegator for sure. Zacinto's an improver, is a very nice animal and I would suggest that he didn't have his ground last time. After-all he finished second in the Champagne Stakes last year beaten by Westphalia, I think it was, on Soft Ground and it was clear he didn't handle it very well then. It was Soft Ground last time, too, yet he won and I'd suggest he won with a bit in hand with the ground in all likelihood being against him again. This is why I believe he doesn't have quite as much to find as you seem to be making you. You say 5/6 lengths on all known form but taking ground into consideration I'd suggest it was more like 2/3 lengths, perhaps less and the ground will be with him this time. Okay, I'm no handicapping, form reading expert, but that's my take on things. We all know that Godolphin purchases tend to bomb on their first start - Delegator may not be one, but look at their record with the likes of Evasive amongst others. Evasive was red-hot favourite last time and should've won that race on all known form, but came somewhere out the back. So, as I said, I'd rather be backing this Zacinto of Stoute's than Delegator.

Zacinto was the Stoute Guineas horse before his set-back wasn't he? Bound to be improvement to come, but at 7/4 it's not much of a price to pay to find out.

Zacinto was the Stoute Guineas horse before his set-back wasn't he? Bound to be improvement to come, but at 7/4 it's not much of a price to pay to find out.

In particular when he has so much to find on the Pure Poetry line . He might well find it but he is not much value

Agree Gal, wish I hadn't pissed about with the race and realised that earlier when he was evens. Now think the value lies in playing him in forecasts with outsiders like Mac Love and Beacon Lodge. I cannot have Zacinto at all!

I've been thinking exactly the same

when you look at his form..you can see how after the race it will all look so obvious

whenever he has been given a real chance of winning a race he has taken it

1st run..dwelt..finished 2nd..probably needed it
2nd run...won mdn
3rd run...from maiden to G1..big jump in class for a lightly raced horse
4th run..G3...won
5th run...eyeballed one of the best 3yo we have seen for a few years
6th run...hated the ground
7th run..eyeballed the 3rd/4th best 3yo in training

8th run..runs in a race where he meets nothing of MCM or STS's calibre on going he will love

Zacinto is going to have to be on a par with MCM to beat him...what are the chances that Zacinto is that good?..I would say slim

What's more EC, it is probably likely he is capable of even better again over this fast mile having really been outstayed more than anything at both Newmarket and Ascot.

Is it me or do these Khaled Abdullah horses have a good run followed by a bad run.I would be a layer of Zacinto-can see Delegator being a serious gamble.

Back