Champion Hurdle 2014

I've read all your devoted posts :adore:to HF Grassy but this is your 'heart ruling your head 'I fear.. tin -man.:lol:
HF is an 18 time GD1 winner but most of those were really GD2 affairs beating nothing like the opposition he will face come March this year.
Unless it rides sft./hvy. to stamina sap OC on the day I think that he won't win.
If Countywide Flame -Triumph Hurdle winner by 3L-can get to within 4>5L of HF then Our Conor has the beating of him. The form is in the book.

image.jpg

Suggest you take a look at the Ryanair Hurdle if you are going to use phrases such as "the form is in the book", baracouda.

Both your posts are typical careless fishwife chatter, and representative of THE FEAR. :cool:

Last edited:
View attachment 480

Suggest you take a look at the Ryanair Hurdle if you are going to use phrases such as "the form is in the book", baracouda.

Both your posts are typical careless fishwife chatter, and representative of THE FEAR. :cool:

Don't you talk about my Mum like that:lol: the Master he say 'be wise before the event Grasshopper and learn well'.:p

Is this assessment evidence-based, or are you in the middle of repairing a net?

Simple. Tell me his Champion Hurdle form will be good enough to win it this year? Not putting Rock on Ruby down but the fact he beat him. You can question the ride all you like, but he would get an ass whooping from the boys in it this year.
Seriously though, If we get decent ground (Rock on Ruby win) then I think he will struggle to even place.
The softer it is the more chance I will give him. But looking highly unlikely with the weather we have been having :D

Frankel have a cigar.;)Not by The New One he ain't. Maybe I've been a bit over confident about Our Conor . Revised winning margin this year 3L.:D

Have to say i'm just not sure about Our Connor. Only Dessie Hughes knows how fit he was the last day.

OC fitness level and his gallops homework will improve for his comeback run in the Ryanair hdle. That was satisfactory after a slight injury which put him back.WFA will lost by March but with another few months on his back will be forward enough. NO FEAR.

That form is two-years-old (and an abberation anyway).

Mind how you go with your pocket-money, if you're punting on the back of that form. :cool:

Because he was really impressive last year :rolleyes:
Bet with your head not your heart otherwise you'll end up in the poor house ;)

I'm a bit confused by your post Frankel . I thought that you had committed to TNO in your CH 1-2-3 selections.
Isn't novice chaser ROR going for the Arkle? Might have a good chance in that@ decent price.

Last edited:
Because he was really impressive last year :rolleyes:
Bet with your head not your heart otherwise you'll end up in the poor house ;)

Have you had a bet in the race, Frankel - or are you just blowing hot-air through the gap in your teeth, as you darn your shawl by the harbour?

A fishwife with a position I can accept - for the sport, you understand - but a fishwife with no position? That's nothing more than idle chatter. ;)

Last edited:
Look forward to all these layers taking me on in a few weeks.

One bad day at Cheltenham seems to have caused this outbreak of fishwifemania.

Not just the one defeat granger. I think he will have to improve on his 2 wins there. He is up against far more superior horses than Rock on (1-1) and Peddlers.
Look Hurricane Fly is a cracking horse and a legend at that. And if the Champion Hurdle was in Ireland on soft ground then he'd be the one to beat no doubt. But it's not and the form is there as clear as day for all to see at Cheltenham.
If the Fly turns up and turns them away then i'll be the first to toast the Fly - but I think he'll need all the help from the skies to have a chance.

I'm a bit confused by your post Frankel . I thought that you had committed to TNO in your CH 1-2-3 selections.
Isn't novice chaser ROR going for the Arkle? Might have a good chance in that@ decent price.

I am with TNO, though not backed yet, his price will drift before and on the big day with the money flooding in on the fly.

ROR is being aimed at the Arkle. Though you couldn't take anything out of his run the other day. He's a bit late in the day to be chasing but you couldn't rule him out. And Oscar Whiskey has not done his Jewson chances any harm and he's come to the game late on also.

Back