Champion Hurdle 2014

TNO hasn't even won an open G1 hurdle yet, and I have to listen to how HF has no chance against him?

Goodson!

Last edited:
Because he was really impressive last year :rolleyes:
Bet with your head not your heart otherwise you'll end up in the poor house ;)

I will also end up in the poor house then! :blink: But I will be there that day and will be cheering on The Great Fly! :<3:

You reckon so, Frankel?

If you aren't on already, you've missed the price on TNO and it won't cange in the interim, given he goes straight to Cheltenham.

Last edited:
You reckon so, Frankel?

If you aren't on already, you've missed the price on TNO and it won't cange in the interim, given he goes straight to Cheltenham.

Because his price has changed massively since he won the Neptune :lol: Not much value in antepost these days. You can get better value on the day in a lot of cases these days.

TNO is the worst value in the race. In a renewal this good it doesn't matter how much of an engine he has or how much of a beast he is, he simply does not hurdle well enough to beat this field.

Because his price has changed massively since he won the Neptune :lol: Not much value in antepost these days. You can get better value on the day in a lot of cases these days.

His price has more than halved since last years AP markets were formed, and it sure as sh*it won't double again before the race.

Are you on already or not, and if you are on, at what price?

I think un de sceaux is the one
I have him top rated and has more scope than the others.
Course should suit and can have an easy lead with no other front runners in the field.

His price has more than halved since last years AP markets were formed, and it sure as sh*it won't double again before the race.

Are you on already or not, and if you are on, at what price?

Ever heard of independent bookmakers. Double figures Grassy old chum :whistle: ;)

TNO is the worst value in the race. In a renewal this good it doesn't matter how much of an engine he has or how much of a beast he is, he simply does not hurdle well enough to beat this field.

Someone makes a valid point. The pace and tactics of Cheltenham will be completely different to the races he has run in this season so far. I'm sure he'll be slicker come march. But it is a valid point.

I think un de sceaux is the one
I have him top rated and has more scope than the others.
Course should suit and can have an easy lead with no other front runners in the field.

He is the unknown and its hard to know how good he is. But he has only beaten a handful of horses. He could be a rabbit caught in the headlights if lining up in the Champion.
But you just don't know. Certainly an interesting potential runner.

The distinct impression that I got from Rubys comments after the race was that UDS is a relentless galloper at any distance. That pricked up my ears and I take it that he won't have the speed for The Champion Hurdle. I think that he's currently more of a World Hurdle type.

Back