Champion Hurdle 2015

Arguing about races of years gone by won't add much money to your bank balance nor will it add to your ability to win money in the future. A few of you are talking through your pipe about stuff that can't ever be proved or disproved and is really of no value to anyone bar willy waving.

You could hardly be more wrong, Slim.
Understanding why horses ran as they did is a massive part of predicting how they'll run in the future, and only last Saturday you benefitted from that knowledge of one of the horses directly involved in this discussion. The form of both races has been proved time and time again since, too (depending on which interpretation you choose, of course :) ).
Now, fcuk off back to the proper willy-waving thread, would you? :D

Last edited:
You could hardly be more wrong, Slim.
Understanding why horses ran as they did is a massive part of predicting how they'll run in the future, and only last Saturday you benefitted from that knowledge of one of the horses directly involved in this discussion. The form of both races has been proved time and time again since, too (depending on which interpretation you choose, of course :) ).
Now, fcuk off back to the proper willy-waving thread, would you? :D

Thanks. You're right. You should never intervene when two hobos are fighting in the park over an empty can of cider.

Arguing about races of years gone by won't add much money to your bank balance nor will it add to your ability to win money in the future. A few of you are talking through your pipe about stuff that can't ever be proved or disproved and is really of no value to anyone bar willy waving.

having threads of trainer comments won't add much money either..but we have a thread pre cheltenham with thousands of words..pre view nights or something..i think they are pointless..but i don't post on them saying what a waste of time..because people see stuff that interests them..whereas they bore the arse off me.

If you can grasp even the most basic analysis..this argument is a very clear one...and can be proved..but if someone makes their mind up initially..and is scared to be seen to change their mind..and actually close their mind..you end with a discussion like we had above. The ability to take one number away from another comes in handy too at this game;)

Does every discussion have to be about putting money in pocket?..just a board with tips on?

don't bother with the bits on the forum you find boring..i don't

I'm happy to never mention that 2013 race again..but as you can see in his reply to you..RH makes a comment about ROR winning..that has f00k all to with the 2013 CH...but he just has to make a comment somehow making a link to that race.

Just leave it Reet Hard now...get on with the present..let people make their own mind up about the past..with the data laid out people will draw their own conclusions whether HF is a one trick pony or not

lets move on ffs

:)

or over an anorak

in a game with a thousand variables..only in racing do you have one follower deriding another for wanting to use as many variables as possible..knowing less is apparently the smart thing...only in this game would you see that attitude displayed...on here its always the same people who display it

sad..and totally ignorant at the same time

problem i have with Slim's attitude sometimes..not everyone gets spoon fed tips...some of us have to find our own...there is nothing clever about being given stuff..not in my world anyway..someone who earns stuff for themselves always gets my respect every time

that elitist attitude about this game p1sses me off tbh..there is a sneering school bully element about your anorak jibes as well Clive...again i find that sad

having threads of trainer comments won't add much money either..but we have a thread pre cheltenham with thousands of words..pre view nights or something..i think they are pointless..but i don't post on them saying what a waste of time..because people see stuff that interests them..whereas they bore the arse off me.

This thread is obviously of more value than a thread about preview nights so stop being hard on yourself. I will be the first to say "this is a load of bollocks" on the preview thread.

I'm happy to never mention that 2013 race again..but as you can see in his reply to you..RH makes a comment about ROR winning..that has f00k all to with the 2013 CH...but he just has to make a comment somehow making a link to that race.

Only someone convinced he didn't stay 2m could believe it had nothing to do with his winning a race over 1/2 a mile further. :lol:

ps I've never ever suggested HF was a one trick pony either, but you and the truth will always be strangers.

don't call me a liar please..you don't know anything about me..now shut the fck up about this..let people make their own mind up

i have zero interest in your opinion on anything..is that clear enough?..zero..i do not want to parlez with you at all..clear?

no reply is needed to this..so don't bother

ok Slim..keep up the good work:cool:

You do make a good point about using every piece of information but I'm a greedy ******* and only want to hear it about upcoming races!

The big thing with the 2015 Champion Hurdle is the field size. We all know the front three of Faugheen, TNO and Jezki will run and they are all tight on Betfair win and place. Other than that Irving is interesting because he potentially could be much better than the bare form shows. Hurricane Fly is Hurricane Fly and he'll be done to death else where on the thread. After that you really are struggling for significant runners. This will be an awful e/w way race all the way from here to the tapes going up. We will do well to get the dead 8. So the questions are:

How many runners will we get?
Is there an obvious horse to make the pace?
Who is the race makeup likely to benefit

Likely runners
Faugheen
The New One
Jezki
Irving
Sign Of A Victory
Vaniteux
Tiger Roll
Arctic Fire (?)
Goodwood Mirage

Last edited:
it doesn't look a great race when you list them like that..

its possible a pacemaker could be used as TNO and Faugheen are going to need a test..Faugheen more so...i don't fancy Faugheen at all tbh

Sign Of Victory for me is the interesting one..who i will be watching over the coming weeks...do we know if its entered anywhere?

Sign Of Victory for me is the interesting one..who i will be watching over the coming weeks...do we know if its entered anywhere?
xmas hurdle was mentioned. seems like they're waiting for decent ground though, which it could be at kempton if the rain stays away.

Arctic Fire could be sacrificed here for Faugheen if indeed he's up to the job.
Though that only serves to help the other 2 also.
I have reservations myself how Faugheen will cope with the early part of a Champion on decent ground if they motor. He could fold. Though just maybe he is a monster and he'll slaughter them.

it doesn't look a great race when you list them like that..

its possible a pacemaker could be used as TNO and Faugheen are going to need a test..Faugheen more so...i don't fancy Faugheen at all tbh

He is in my thoughts too recently - what are your thoughts?

in a game with a thousand variables..only in racing do you have one follower deriding another for wanting to use as many variables as possible..knowing less is apparently the smart thing...only in this game would you see that attitude displayed...on here its always the same people who display it

sad..and totally ignorant at the same time

problem i have with Slim's attitude sometimes..not everyone gets spoon fed tips...some of us have to find our own...there is nothing clever about being given stuff..not in my world anyway..someone who earns stuff for themselves always gets my respect every time

that elitist attitude about this game p1sses me off tbh..there is a sneering school bully element about your anorak jibes as well Clive...again i find that sad

Don't be such a big girls blouse

hopefully he can make the strides required Hamm...could just end up as a handicapper obnviously but he looked really good didn't he...looked like a lot better than a handicapper

Its important to remember the e/w make up for this race is massively in our favour. I think Jezki @ 6/1 and TNO at 3/1 are unbelievable e/w value at the moment. Put them in e/w multis with everything.

Its important to remember the e/w make up for this race is massively in our favour. I think Jezki @ 6/1 and TNO at 3/1 are unbelievable e/w value at the moment. Put them in e/w multis with everything.

Jezki is a nailed on placer
I have him in an each way double with David Warner 10/1 for top runscorer in the World Cup 1/4, 5 places.

Back