Champion Hurdle 2015

Fist, stop talking utter shite about Mullins not sending The Fly to the Champion Hurdle. It is nothing more than the rumblings of your belly, and simillar to cobblers we've heard before about him having absolutely no chance, and connections were wasting their time....like, just before he won his second CH.

If he stays sound, he will 100% run in the Champion Hurdle, though I'll concede he might be running for a Place, as I suspect the track doesn't suit him as much as other venues do. If it was genuinely Soft on the day (i.e. actually Soft, rather than 'Claisse Soft'), it would enhance his chances......though he would still have it to do as an 11yo against much younger horses.

Regardless of the result, you can be sure Mullins will send HF there, to give him one last crack at the race. With two more G1's in the bag this season, the horse deserves to take his chance on form. Equally, it's a no-brainer decision in a historical context too, and WPM will want to give the horse a deserved swansong. So.....please.....no more of this pie-in-the-sky bollocks.

Finally, I love the irony of Henderson's Number One Fan accusing other trainers of talking shite. Maybe you missed his 'evidence' in his doping trial? If what he said was true, he's too incompetent to even hold a license, and we know that's not the case..... :whistle:

Last edited:
Looking at what might turn up if he goes of course he will be less than 14/1 on the day.

We will be lucky if 8 horses turn up for the race and 2 of those will need to be mules to make up the numbers

Fook all else to talk about Grassy we're not meeting our friends for another hour :)

You still think he wont send Arctic Fire as well?

Ran 2nd in the county, is improving fast 50k for finishing 3rd 20k for 4th,

The way he ran the other day I think he'd be nuts not to unless he can find a 50k race elsewhere he can definitely win

By that reckoning Fist then maybe he'd be better off relying on Diakali.

In fact if the ground were to be genuinely testing, there would be far worse 66/1 shots out there.

Fook all else to talk about Grassy we're not meeting our friends for another hour :)

You still think he wont send Arctic Fire as well?

Ran 2nd in the county, is improving fast 50k for finishing 3rd 20k for 4th,

The way he ran the other day I think he'd be nuts not to unless he can find a 50k race elsewhere he can definitely win

The Irish trials have had a tendency to flatter some of the bit-part-players over the years, imo. A lot of horses have finished close-enough to the top-dogs to give the illisuion of lots of improvement, but in reality, they find themselves mired in no-mans-land; destined forever to be beaten in good G1's, and handicapped to the hilt.

I'm not saying that Arctic Fire is destined to such a fate, but he fits the profile of one's to be slightly wary of.

By that reckoning Fist then maybe he'd be better off relying on Diakali.

In fact if the ground were to be genuinely testing, there would be far worse 66/1 shots out there.

No there isn't he'd be tailed off by halfway his future is already mapped out and is over 3 miles

I think you should check the times on the day Max You will find it was run over 2m4f and at a crawl by Champion Hurdle standards.

The first race a novice Hurdle was slow by 9.8 seconds The Aintree Hurdle Slow by 11.8 seconds.....unless there was a dramatic change in the going in the hour between them I'd say it was no better than average.....Extra distance, even pace and a flat course V Min distance undulation quick injections of pace.....you simply can't compare the 2

Pricewise offers his verdict tomorrow. Can only be 2 candidates.

One more than the Who killed Lucy Beale saga.

Should probably be backing both today, and then bailing when their respective prices are inevitably sliced.

I've just taken the £70 available at 33/1+ on Betfair about Arctic Fire...........lets set a target Lay Price of, say, 18 on the machine, and see how we go.

Time for you to get busy then, no?

Well no because the more time you have the more patient you can be and wait for the right stuff to stick Jezki in with. I hope he finds something else to put up. I thought I had until the ICH.

Would have to be Jezki and Arctic Fire because of the prices I notice the latter is available at 33/1 nrnb .

I can't see Mullins not letting Arctic Fire take his chance though.

Last edited:
AFTERTHOUGHT....If it is a really loud one it could be Sign Of A Victory who was as low as 16 on the machine at one time.

I believe the plan is to run him in the Betfair Hurdle before deciding whether to have a crack at the big one.

He ran no sort of race the other day but there was good reason for that.

I suspect it will be the "He's trained by Henderson and I have a one-track-mind" reason again. :blink:

:lol:

Back