Katchit (IRE) 5.g
Kawagino (IRE) 8.g
Osana (FR) 6.g
Punjabi 5.g
Salford City (IRE) 7.g
Sizing Europe (IRE) 6.g
Straw Bear (USA) 7.g
Sublimity (FR) 8.g

David Casey said he was down at Henry De Bromhead’s yard yesterday riding out a few lots. One of his mounts was doing his normal workout when Casey said “he stopped to a walk” very quickly. He said to the trainer that the horse completely cut out on him and the trainer responded saying that yeah a few of them were doing that recently. The yard has not been in the best form of late so hearing this makes me a tad concerned for the favourite.

I just took a bit of 18 on BF De Valira after reading all the opinions on the panels, and that info above about De Bromhead's horses....

I follow the stable fairly closely and they have been quiet for the last few weeks.Having said that there is only one superstar in the stable -the rest are fairly ordinary.

From RP-

A Met Office spokesman said on Friday: "There'll be heavy downpours at Cheltenham on Monday, but the wind will be so strong it will soon blow away the rain, and shouldn't make too much difference to the ground.”

Simon Claisse, clerk of the course, said: “It's good ground on the old course for Tuesday and Wednesday; good, good to firm in places on the cross-county course, and good to soft, good in places on the new course for Thursday and Friday.

i dont think he will be inconvenienced at this rate Gal

I had a right touch on Mr Whatsisname when he won his Grade 2 last time out.He was available at up to 65 on betfair that day when the going was absolutely bottomless.My personal opinion is that Carberry won him the race that day and the horse is no great shakes.

The stable runner in the bumper today was fairly disappointing.I think we will see a significant drift on Tuesday.

Final Declarations!

Afsoun M Fitizgerald
Blythe Knight (IRE)Dougie Costello
Bobs Pride (IRE)Denis O'Regan
Catch Me (GER)R. Walsh
ContrabandT. J. Dreaper
Ebaziyan (IRE)D. J. Condon
Farmer Brown (IRE)D. N. Russell
Harchibald (FR) (TS)P. Carberry
Kalderon (GER)D. J. Casey
Katchit (IRE)Robert Thornton
Kawagino (IRE)Wayne Kavanagh
Osana (FR)Tom Scudamore
PunjabiB. J. Geraghty
Salford City (IRE) (TS) N. Carberry
Sizing Europe (IRE)A. J. McNamara
Straw Bear (USA)A. P. McCoy
Sublimity (FR) (TS)P. A. Carberry

News from my stable contact-Sizing Europe and his two stablemates had an uneventful journey to Cheltenham,the horse has eaten up and they are happy wth him.He was due to do a minor piece of work at the track but that would be fairly routine.
I saw the bumper winner yesterday but was distracted from having a bet by the arrival of wife and child from weekend away at the crucial time.I don't get upset about horse races but really felt like throwing the remote control through the tv screen.

Am not convinced that Katchit can win the race, but I see it as a match bet with Osano for the top English trained runner, 3/1 for Katchit seems to be a good bet.

Back