Champion Hurdle

I think Sizing Europe is very poor value and will lay him. The Pipe horse should finish in front of him at the weights, though Katchit, "the people's horse" would be the most popular winner of the week were he to get his terrier like head in front.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Mar 11 2008, 12:34 PM
If anyone wants it i`ll be laying Harchie in running at around 4/1. Should give me a free bet if it`s matched.
You will surely ge that bet matched -my advice to you is put up 4.1.I will be putting up lumps for Sizing Europe at 1.32,1.12,1.06 &1.02.

I have to say, the ground conditions have rendered so much of the build up chat irrelevant. I'm gutted because I wanted Harchibald to win.

I thought the value was gone on Sizing Europe

I now disagree

I don't think Sizing Europe was ever value. He cannot jump slickly enough to win this and is the lay of the meeting if not the season!!!

Although I think Osana finishes in front of him today I don't think the winner comes from either - could be a shock in store for some!

The vibe that SE will be a chaser some day and that his hurdle career is a "bonus" would worry me if i`d backed him.

Sublimity now 9.2 on Betfair. Big drift.

WOW That was INCREDIBLE - 5 year olds don't win this race, let alone 15hh ones :eek:

SE stopped very quickly, there must be a virus in the yard as Davy Crosse reported - wish now I'd laid off!

My lord. I had backed Sublimity but my heart was with Katchit up that hill, what a superb little horse with the heart of a lion.

Nothing really, just along the lines of "stopped very quickly, you'd have thought something wasn't quite right there"

Just showed the jock without the saddle or horse. I am assuming the horse is in the ambulance.

Well done to Katchit and his supporters. Bucks a very impressive trend.

I have never seen a Champion Hurdle like that....hardly anything travelling coming down the hill.

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 11 2008, 02:30 PM
Well done to Katchit and his supporters. Bucks a very impressive trend.

I have never seen a Champion Hurdle like that....hardly anything travelling coming down the hill.
What do we think about Carberry's ride on Harchibald? Never put him in the race.

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 11 2008, 02:34 PM
He was not travelling Ricko to put him in the race.
He didn't seem to be going too badly to half way. But I guess he couldn't get him any closer without asking for an effort.

Back