Champion Stakes

Indeed. When I backed him initially it looked like his oppo were the two Abdullah animals and maybe Nathaniel. I was glad to take 8s then. SYT and Snow Fairy made it a far more competitive race but how the winner started at longer odds than Twice Over and Dubai Prince completely baffles me. He touched 16 on Betfair before the race:blink:

Staggering price, I took 7s antepost and like Euro, didn't expect the two Arc runners to show up. I topped up slightly at 12s on the show as I watched it in a Hills in London but wish I'd been in a position to take some 16s too on Betfair.

An example of a race's price being wrong, in complete contrast to my view in what we were debating the other week! The ground rightly made him drift but he should never have got above the 9/1 mark.

Well done . I must admit I thought he would struggle to beat SYT , Snow Fairy and Midday . Both the fillies were rather unlucky Midday in particular had far too much to do but for once Queally was not to blame she wa shuffled back.

For all the self-congratulatory brouhaha about BCD - this race showed why Ascot really is not the ideal track for 10f races with fields of over 10 . There is always too much of a risk of hard luck stories especially from a wide draw - Nathaniel ran a blinder in the circumstances.

For all the self-congratulatory brouhaha about BCD - this race showed why Ascot really is not the ideal track for 10f races with fields of over 10 . There is always too much of a risk of hard luck stories especially from a wide draw - Nathaniel ran a blinder in the circumstances.

You could say the same about the Arc and that's still the premier middle distance race in the World.

Well done Euro. I stuck with Midday for a place, so missed out.

Gallingly, despite having two lists in the TTF top 10 for the month: Cirrus Des Aigles, Frankel, Dream Ahead, Fame And Glory and So You Think in one list and Cirrus Des Aigles, Frankel, Dream Ahead and Cape Blanco in another, I missed out on the 10 grand.:(

Last edited:
Back