Champions Day

Not a good day for me and I'm starting to get irritated-max lay of Jack Hobbs at 2.14-I think the draw will kill him.

I've followed you both in with this Vadamos... Fabre is rarely so effusive... Speculative though. Also backed Racing History as he's going the same way as his brother who was a hell of a horse and he liked a break between races, which Racing History has had. Small e/w play on both.

bombed out

annoying when you look at FR's form when soft is in the ground...51111151
yet racing history beat it when last beat on it

Last edited:
Weld and Smullen, pure class. I knew I wanted to take on Jack Hobbs, should have just laid him... Did the draw and early race hurt him?

Shades of Nathaniel in 2011
Poor draw, having to dart across to the rail and just done for pace in the straight

Lovely patient ride by Moore there aswell that almost paid off.

i would think the pace should have aided him A tbh..similar to simple verse..probably just beat by a better one at the trip..FR is clearly progressive..unlike racing history..showed it here

Last edited:
FR is a 120 horse on the up..thats not a g3 hoss imo Euro

horses improve..racing history looked a similar improver but hasn't shown it today..JH is a solid G1 hoss..wouldn't think its a bad race..imo

Last edited:
Well done, Danny, certainly had a run for your money.

Certainly did although he didn't run as I thought he would I thought they'd have dropped him in further back which on first glance might have paid dividends. Oh well back to the drawing board.

120 shouldn't be enough to win a race like that. It's a funny one, Gosden is a terrific trainer but it's almost as if Jack Hobbs being clad in the blue bin regalia has fogged his mind. Being that close up to a fast pace over a trip short of his optimum were poor tactics.

tactics that worked for stayer simple verse though Euro..JH was in the best place..and they didn't seem to go as fast as SV's race

JH is a 12f hoss who has been beaten by a better 10f one today even though the pace should have helped JH..it happens

120 is only the rating earned before today though..the whole game is all abou improvement ultimately..and this is time of year when horses start putting 7/8lb on their figures if they fall into that category

Last edited:
I'm amazed they took the race in at all, The Dante showed he needed further
Arc would have suited him much more, he wouldn't have beat GH but you easily see him in the first 3

tactics that worked for stayer simple verse though Euro..JH was in the best place..and they didn't seem to go as fast as SV's race

JH is a 12f hoss who has been beaten by a better 10f one today even though the pace should have helped JH..it happens

120 is only the rating earned before today though..the whole game is all abou improvement ultimately..and this is time of year when horses start putting 7/8lb on their figures if they fall into that category

I thought they went Bat **** crazy tbh and thought the pace collapsed only judging by eye but that was my reaction. If they haven't gone that fast then found is a monster to come from where she was turning in.

oh yes..they went fast..they also went fast in simple verse's race..that suits the stayer..ie simple verse..and Jack Hobbs was suited in his race being up there

i can't really have it that in a 10f strongly run race..it doesn't suit a 12f hoss up with it..its bloody ideal

there are no excuses pace wise for JH..they played into his hands..he just met a better 10f hoss on the day

imo

remember when New approach won this?..12f hoss on sharp end of a suicidal 10 pace..peed in

Last edited:
Emotionless nowhere in the Dewhurst
Did Godawful even have a runner in the Arc?
Nothing today apart from the handicap. Shower of ****.

Back