Champions Day

good luck with that A

this QE11 is an awesome looking race..some very big names at very big prices...i'll have to go with Ribchester..i'm not seeing the drop back a big plus for Minding..trainer of GG saying he wanted more work into it ideally??..which i thought a bit odd..on ML this morning

Nick Luck said something on channel 4 about substances (that hadn't) been declared with Almanzor, Aragorn. Not sure what the procedure is there.

He's being dope tested by the BHA before the race.

That's just my interpretation of what Nick Luck said, mind.

Ken Pitterson just reported that Minding looks a touch light..Ribchester..couldn't fault..GG..not sure about him..might have had enough..Awtaad...took the eye....

he goes for ribchester

Nick Luck said something on channel 4 about substances (that hadn't) been declared with Almanzor, Aragorn. Not sure what the procedure is there.

He's being dope tested by the BHA before the race.

That's just my interpretation of what Nick Luck said, mind.

The trainer and trainer's representative were found to have allowable substances but without permission on their persons in the racecourse stables. Horse to be routinely dope tested.

Special filly and some training performance to keep her on the boil for so long and over the range of distances.

Certainly has been in recent years. I remember being there when Ravens Pass beat Henry the navigator (It still hurts.....).

Speedy Boarding caught the eye earlier, especially after running at Chantilly in such a short space of time. She's a filly with a future if they keep her in training.

Last edited:
Exceptional filly. To win the Oaks like she did, to drop back then half a mile and beat the top colts - you just don't get much better.
I'd imagine the substances are probably calmers or else electrolytes in syringe form. BHA rules state you can only have feed, hay & water in stable area. Unless it's bute or something in which case they would be pretty stupid!

The trainer and trainer's representative were found to have allowable substances but without permission on their persons in the racecourse stables. Horse to be routinely dope tested.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say!

well it looks a lay down for Almanzor without FR in the betting..3rd fav 12's..i'll have to lay him for a little bit just based on the jock stats..already had a bit on Grey Gatsby at 70/1..he may surprise

Last edited:
Back