Cheltenham 2009

firstpastthepost

At the Start
i for one am fed up of all the flat stuff at the moment i thought il start a thread on cheltenham 2009 for us mud lovers :D

has anyone got any thoughts on the up and coming horses and will they be able to take on the champions of this year?

I think this is a ropey time for flat racing. The initial excitement of the classics and Royal Ascot has died down but we will soon have the King George and Goodwood upon us. One of the things i love about racing is the variety we have in the sport. Flat and NH are totally different animals and i think that`s a really positive thing - i don`t see why more people can`t love them both.

Well I think the 20/1 that Paddy Power are offering for Celestial Halo of the Champion Hurdle is a very good quote, although I'll wait for next year to ass and bet accordingly.

Be great to see a son of Gailieo ruling the jump scene, and CH was quite a good flat horse as well.

i asked ladbrokes for the arkle betting on forpaddytheplasterer and they said 12-1 so i asked for £50e/w and they said you can only have £2.50e/w

and i looking forward to see how the RSA will be priced up
Venalmar would be my pick in that, does anyone know what firm has the prices for this race?

i think come march sizing Europe could go off around 3-1 after winning the aig again this year ... i think there leave him over hurdles this year and go chasing next year if he doesn't win the champion hurdle

The bumper winners of late haven't equated to an awful lot really

I agree but think Cousin Vinny might be different, he is a dual bumper winner. Closely bred to a horse who was a really good hurdler for Nicky Henderson and very like him. Mullins did not think that much of him, or at least verbally did not say much about him but after his win at Cheltenham he admitted that he had been working as well as the favourite.

I am assured by a poster on TRF that Binocular will win every race he runs in this season, culminating in victory in the Champion Hurdle.

Mind you, he also insisted that Kauto Star would beat Denman easily in the Gold Cup.

Back