Cheltenham 2016/2017

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Betfair formed a market for "To win any race" at the Festival

Temporary_zpslnr2egl6.jpg

Last edited:
It does. I have 20s about the RSA, worries me slightly that the trainer will over think it and go for the JLT.

Who has an ante post book up?

horses in my portfolio to date

identity thief - arkle

new to this town - 3 m novice hurdle

sub lieutenant - Ryanair

sutton place - rsa

Any (mis)information from Jonjo on likely target(s) for Minella Rocco?

BJG had this to say

[FONT=&quot]He got the hang of jumping fences last season, his jumping improved as the season went on, as he gained in experience. It took him a little while, but he put it all together in the National Hunt Chase at the Cheltenham Festival in March under a superb ride from Derek O’Connor.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Minella Rocco is a staying chaser to look forward to for the season, and it will be interesting to see how he progresses.[/FONT]

After a dreadful unintentional start Minella Rocco's jumping came good on his Cheltenham run prior to Ascot.

It was pretty obvious the way barry road him winning was out of the question and by the 10th Fence he was goosed clipped the 11th fence and Barry let him come home in his own time.

Up until then he had made sure he got a good look at every fence and he jumped like a stag.........Job done...roll on March.

Ascot would be a possibility this coming season but The Hennessy is apparently on the agenda but then the good old British weather will probably decide for them. Welsh Grand National would also on Jonjo's mind later on

Long term it has to be the National. There's a lot better 3m2f horses than him around and the further he goes the better he looks to be.

Someone is bound to tell me he's too young or will be at 7 years old....Better tell Jonjo that because if he's tough enough to win the 4 miler he's tough enough to take on Aintree

Any takers on Hennessy? Welsh Grand National? Grand National?

Last edited:
Really looking forward to watching Solstice Star over fences. He's been doing plenty of work according to his trainer and schooling has been going well.

Not that he has done well at the meeting but MK does claim his yard is in cracking form.

Without a doubt PN will be the man to follow having a record second to none over the last few years. Jonjo usually has a winner or two as does Nicky henderson.

I think it's a meeting where you should follow trainers rather than trying to pick form horses........That comes later when the season gets into full swing and the cobwebs are wiped away.

Last edited:
Will be there on the Friday if anyone is around for a meet up?

Don't normally make Cheltenham meetings as most are held at weekends but have a pre-race engagement to attend so makes sense to stay for some racing :D

Martin

Back