Cheltenham 2016

Looking at the options
Djakadam if Ruby rides Vatour and with the expected decent ground cant go off fav,
Don Poli surely wont on decent ground.
Cue Card l cant see him going off fav as a 10 year old.
Don Cossack or Vatour left ,,was my thinking ..

I agree the Elliot No winner probably wont win but if as expected its close and Ireland v UK ends roughly 14-14 and with Mullins winning lets say 6 of the Irish races then theres the foxhunters it doesn't leave many races ,, lots of ifs and buts it was 8/1 ..

I actually liked the Rich Richi bet most of all and have possibly over staked on it as l didn't think the price would last so long and 1 or 2 l mentioned it too didn't exactly get over excited ..

Last edited:
Is this the same horse who so obviously wouldn't run in the Gold Cup, Tiggers?[/QUOTE

And when the fugedty fug did I say that?
In fact yes they shouldn't run because it won't fecking stay. Shoo in for Ryanair, legless pulled up next week.
I obviously need a visa to get into your world.

Last edited:
I'd say Ruby riding Vautour makes him close to fav on the day. Don Cossack must be slight fav though.

And when the fugedty fug did I say that?
In fact yes they shouldn't run because it won't fecking stay. Shoo in for Ryanair, legless pulled up next week.
I obviously need a visa to get into your world.

It was more a general point about those who had Vautour down as a non-stayer all along, and said he would run in the Ryanair, because he couldn't get home in the Gold Cup.

You have Vautour down as a non-stayer. I have him down as one who will improve past the opposition to the extent that stamina might not matter. In this regard, we are both guessing until next Friday - worth bearing that in mind.

PS. You wouldn't need a visa to get into my world, but if (when) Vautour stays and wins the Gold Cup, you might need a Gate Pass. ;)

Joint Favs Vautor because of the Ruby factor and Don Cossack for being the most overrated horse in training.

FWIW (it's not a market that interests me), Timeform recently did a piece on who would go off favourite, and suggested Vautour at 13/8 (IIRC) as the bet. It was largely predicated on an expectation that Walsh would ride, the horse's Festival record, and the ground being quicker come the Friday.

Don Poli surely wont on decent ground.

As a Don Poli fan I'm hoping for some decent ground. Good to soft or good will be just fine. His 2 Cheltenham wins, arguably the most impressive of his career in terms of winning distance, have been on good ground. He won the RSA by 6L at a half speed up the hill and a martin pipe over 2m4f by 5L both on Good ground.

He got soft in the Lexus Chase and idled once he hit the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news, I'll be there later Tiggers although it'll be dark by then I guess. Still, it makes no difference in the bar :D

Folks, went to book tickets for thursday as decided to go now but parking booking info is non-existent - Is it sold out or just too late to book and can pay on the day? All help appreciated.

And if anyone doesn't yet find themselves in the mood just go and download the FF podcast from last night. It's tremendous.

Question: Does anyone know what the oldest horse to compete at Cheltenham is? Just wondering if Uncle Junior is about to set a record tomorrow.

Back