Cheltenham 2017/18

A man is in a bar with his wife, and nips off to the bathroom.

He returns a few minutes later, to find his wife in a right state.

He asks her what's wrong, and she says "That man over there.........as soon as you left, he came up to me, said he'd like to turn me upside-down, fill my fanny full of Guinness, and drink it from my furry cup!".

At this, the husband merely says "I see".

"Well!" says the wife......"aren't you going to say something to him!??".

The husband says "No way. I'm not looking to get into a fight with someone who can drink that much Guinness".

I'm here all week.......

Last edited:
I agree. This is very good news. All parties should be commended.

Hopefully at some point in the future this will be rolled out for all races at all meetings.

Sensible decision, I reckon....though they seem to have stopped-short of confirming it absolutely as the target.

Really looking forward to this years festival as it’ll be the first one I’ll have attended in 5 years. The wife’s contract in work was rejigged a bit so it now means she starts back in late March instead of early March. This should remain the case for the foreseeable future so it means I’ll get to cross the Irish Sea in March more often!! God bless her boss!!

We have 2 young kids aged 5 & 1 so the past few festivals have been geared around trying to hold them out all morning before going down for their first nap of the day at 1.20pm!!

I’m only doing the Tuesday & Wednesday this year as I don’t want to take the **** straight away. When the youngest gets that bit older I can stretch it out again!!

Booked my flights, €36 return from Dublin to Birmingham. My accommodation is in the Jersey Avenue area of Cheltenham which looks ideally situated and my tickets too. Bought Club tickets for the Tuesday & Club & Guinness Grandstand tickets for the Wednesday. Has anyone ever been in the Guinness Stand before? What’s it like? Also anytime I’ve been before I’ve always done Tatterstalls. Is the only difference in Club tickets a more central view & more bars facilities etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jersey Avenue is about a twenty minute walk from the racecourse. The Guiness Stand is in front of the final two fences a fair way down from the winning post but you will have the benefit of a big screen right in front of you. The Guiness village will be right behind your stand so food and drink readily available.Club is where the members lawn is and basically, as you say, just central with more facilities. There will be bookies in front of you on the tarmac too, so no need to go to the top end of Tatts for a bet.

Last edited:
Thanks DG. My line of thinking was that with the Guinness Grandstand you have a reserved seat. Between sculling Guinness & walking and on the feet all day that may be welcomeIt’s nice to have the option to sit down now and then. Big screen will be fine, in the Tatterstalls you’d end up watching it a lot also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cue Card to get his swansong at the Ryanair

Who'll be met with Douvan. Absouelty convinced they'll send Min after Altior. Won't step Douvan up to Gold Cup distance just yet and we'll be playing bingo before they confirm the Ryanair on the Tuesday.

Not worried about that. One of the possible or even imo probable reasons MB veered so sharply right after the last in the RSA (we can of course nix the idea that it was tiredness) was that where the horses enter the course was right there on his right - he simply wanted back in his stable. On the new course though that entrance is a fair but further away and hopefully out of his eyeline.

Back