Cheltenham 2017/18

The Old Course for the RSA is taped-off on the first circuit, but the tape is removed for the final circuit........which is exactly where The Biter started to veer off course.....which we all know he only did to a) wind-up Davy Russell, and b) give me a fu*cking coronary.

I'd have more confidence in MB's Gold Cup chances, if I knew there wasn't a gap for him to try to bugger-off through, on the final circuit of the Gold Cup. He's the only conceivable danger to The Dook, and the pair are good for the forecast. Big new brooms, both.

Latest going

attachment.php

Attachments

• Chelt going.JPG
    Chelt going.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 87
Christmas card scene taken yesterday afternoon. Photo credit to Melissa Jones.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Most of Cheltenham Racecourse is covered in snow but officials do not anticipate any problems ahead of the International Meeting with temperatures forecast to rise.
Conditions for Friday and Saturday are expected to be testing as around 25 millimetres of the white stuff melts onto the grass.
Areas of worn ground are protected by covers with the remainder left for nature to take its course, with the grass doing its job to protect what's underneath.
Current assessments make conditions good to soft, soft in places and temperatures are expected to remain cold today and tomorrow.

Up to eight millimetres of rain is expected to fall on Thursday, adding to the 12 millimetres overnight on Saturday into Sunday.

After a bleak time for much of Gloucestershire on the snow front, the forecast suggests Cheltenham should be sunny on Friday with temperatures of 4C. It is due to remain dry on Saturday when it is due to be a little warmer.

Clerk of the course Simon Claisse said: "We have about 25 millimetres of snow, most of which is sitting on the grass.
"Where we raced on the Old course in October and November, where it intersects with the New course has been covered.
"We don't need to do this in other areas as grass cover is a better insulator.
"It is due to stay cold today and tomorrow then rain is expected on Thursday.
"Conditions will get softer.
"Based on the current forecast we are confident the meeting will go ahead."
Friday marks the fifth annual 'Horse Comes First' raceday, and Cheltenham is one of the tracks raising awareness among families and racegoers of the first class care given to horses during and after their racing careers.
Tickets are available from £10 and various hospitality options can be booked for both days of the International Meeting.

If someone would be kind enough to post the International/Bula entries when they're confirmed, I would very-much appreciate it..............Roger. :lol:

Entry dates for the Festival races

9 Jan – Gold Cup, QM, Ryanair
16 Jan – Champ Hurdle, Mares, Stayers
23 Jan – Arkle, NH Chse, RSA, JLT
30 Jan – Sup, Nept, Triumph, AB
20 Feb – Ultima, Close Bros, Coral, FW, Pert, Plate, KM, Cty, MP, GA
27 Feb – XCtry, Bumper, Mares Nov, Foxhtrs

Say the festival have a veterans race by 2020

It’ll only come with a 5 day festival. Is it worth that?

I suspect they’d have to steal the final from Sandown which they wouldn’t be too happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll only come with a 5 day festival. Is it worth that?

I suspect they’d have to steal the final from Sandown which they wouldn’t be too happy with.Sent

Prob inevitable too.

Let's be honest, no one gives a fcuk about the cross country. I'd prefer to see the old warriors do battle than that race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back