Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

Fred Winter should have gone in my opinion but the biggest worry is that the supporting card on "Gold Cup day" is now utter pony.

We have the spud race, foxhunters, conditional jockey's and mares chase all on the same day. Why not just swap the cross country for the County and I can save a day's holiday from work

The Novice Handicap Chase has been dropped for the new Mares Chase: https://www.britishhorseracing.com/...place-novices-handicap-chase-at-the-festival/

Little disappointed as enjoyed the novice race as both a spectacle & punting opportunity and cannot imagine there will be runners that would have otherwise missed the festival. Plus side is the RSA and Marsh should be stronger for it

Also, the “Mrs Paddy Power…” is an awful name!

Load of fu*cking wank this.

Load of shite.

I know a few people that made a tidy profit off the Imperial Aura and Simply The Betts double.

Guessing games again. Benie being one of them. How many Mares taken out could contest other significant races but will instead race in this shite.

Is it a handicap? Can’t be assed reading the article. Won’t be punting on it anyway

Why couldn’t they have put the mares race at Sandown and left the novice handicap alone. Doubt the Irish novices will come over the weekend before the festival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect we will still be calling it that for a good few years whoever the new sponsor is. I still can't stop calling the whatever it's called now the Hennessy as one example above others!

After losing Hennessy I wonder if Sun Alliance were the next longest sponsor of a big race?

I suspect we will still be calling it that for a good few years whoever the new sponsor is. I still can't stop calling the whatever it's called now the Hennessy as one example above others!

After losing Hennessy I wonder if Sun Alliance were the next longest sponsor of a big race?

Same here.

I still go on about the Mackeson, Massey-Ferguson, Hennessy and Whitbread.

As much an age thing as anything, I suppose.

I can't tell you where this came from, or even if I'm imagining it, but somewhere in my head the membership is usually around 8000.

Not far out Paul, usually around 7000, to date just short of 4000 have taken up full membership. If sporting events are limited to 5000 or a percentage of capacity I believe members will get priority. Fingers crossed it could be very enjoyable with a crowd of 5000

Not far out Paul, usually around 7000, to date just short of 4000 have taken up full membership. If sporting events are limited to 5000 or a percentage of capacity I believe members will get priority. Fingers crossed it could be very enjoyable with a crowd of 5000

The letter from the course said members would get priority if limited crowds are allowed back.

No guarantee that all 4000 would be let in at once the way things are going for some time, so would be on a first come first served - that's the last correspondence I received, and that seems some way off. A petition making it's way round on Twitter to appeal to the government to let crowds back in.

No guarantee that all 4000 would be let in at once the way things are going for some time, so would be on a first come first served - that's the last correspondence I received, and that seems some way off. A petition making it's way round on Twitter to appeal to the government to let crowds back in.

If Man United can hold in 23500 fans safely and socially distant then I'm sure Cheltenham can manage 5000.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-safely-hold-23-500-fans-when-stadiums-reopen

Last edited:
If Man United can hold in 23500 fans safely and socially distant then I'm sure Cheltenham can manage 5000.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-safely-hold-23-500-fans-when-stadiums-reopen

They say, sure that would have to be checked if and when. Wasn't Donny less than that number? Are they basing in on square acreage?

I have seen some racecourses saying only 2 owners per horse now allowed in...that's really unfair, with all the time restrictions in place as they are anyway. Big horse has 4 registered owners who always go and watch him, so now 2 of them won't be allowed?

They say, sure that would have to be checked if and when. Wasn't Donny less than that number? Are they basing in on square acreage?

I have seen some racecourses saying only 2 owners per horse now allowed in...that's really unfair, with all the time restrictions in place as they are anyway. Big horse has 4 registered owners who always go and watch him, so now 2 of them won't be allowed?

I'm sure I saw Nick Rust say that the other day. Owners (maximum 2 whilst we are locked down again). They can only arrive 45 minutes before their horse runs and then they are expected to bugger off almost straight away. No hospitality.
Got no idea what they base it on GG, certainly ain't common sense!

Back