Cheltenham 2020 / 2021

What race do we think Willie Mullins and the owners will go for with Blue Lord?

I'm concious of Willie's comments on the horse last month in the article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ra...-mullins-to-test-blue-lord-at-naas/466787/amp

He states the horse is open to a lot of improvement, and is/was thereabouts at Grade 1 level.

He's currently shorter for the County than the Supreme with some firms, but for Willie to suggest he can hold his own in grade 1s last month, well, that would tend to mean he'll be running in graded novice races like the Supreme, as opposed to the County, IMHO.

He's shortened with a few firms today for the Supreme too.

I'm seriously considering Blue Lord each way. I appreciate that Appreciate It is a horse of the highest calibre but at the odds I'm prepared to back something against him.

Last edited:
I appreciate that Appreciate It is a horse of the highest calibre but at the odds I'm prepared to back something against him.

No and yes. He's not "of the highest calibre" therefore you're right to look for something to take him on with.

What about Blue Lord?

Is he more likely in this or the County do you think?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to get into the form due to ongoing issues with my vision. Hopefully by the end of the week things will have improved but I can't see me getting too heavily into the handicaps until the 5-day stage.

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to get into the form due to ongoing issues with my vision. Hopefully by the end of the week things will have improved but I can't see me getting too heavily into the handicaps until the 5-day stage.

Good luck with your eye, DO. I'm going in for my lung x ray soon.

I've placed another each way patent tonight.

I've never been so keen on about 12-15 horses for the festival as I am this season.

I know they can't all win, although I've been backing everything each way.

We'll see what happens.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
I watched the Matchbook one on YouTube earlier. Quite decent, couple of good judges. Adelle Mulrennan I have a bit of a thing for as well.

Latest Exhibition swerves the festival.

Trainer keeping him for other races in Ireland.

Last edited:
From David Cottin's twitter feed

Sad news... Unfortunately, due to the current health situation that prevents owners from attending the @CheltenhamRaces
festival, AJAS won’t join his stable mate Easysland in the Glenfarclas Chase. Will remain in France and will be prepared for the #PrixTroytown

Back