Cheltenham 2021/22

Perpetual

At the Start
And the season starts Friday....

Final Decs: https://www.attheraces.com/racecards/Cheltenham/22-October-2021

Going report (fantastic info & other courses could learn plenty from it): https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/cheltenham/owners-and-trainers/the-going/

I’ll be there on my lonesome, so if anyone sees a slightly balding, getting chubbier, tweed coated, middle aged bloke, come and say hello :lol:

Frontrunner and I will be there Perp if you're anywhere near the Insurance Bar?

I like Annual Invictus copping an 8lb pull with Faivoir today. Step-up in trip sure to help as well (granted, probably suits Faivoir too).

I'm also sweet on Debden Bank in the 3m1f handicap chase.

PS. My record at this meeting is generally shite, so fair warning. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aye, market’s not with us atm, though, with Favoir strengthening and the rest drifting. Will hold off for a bit.

(1) Faivoir 2.25/1 2.5/1
(3) Annual Invictus 3/1 2.5/1
(4) Danny Kirwan 5/1 4/1
(2) Back On The Lash 6/1 4.5/1
(5) Torn And Frayed 7.5/1 7/1

Aye, market’s not with us atm, though, with Favoir strengthening and the rest drifting. Will hold off for a bit.

(1) Faivoir 2.25/12.5/1
(3) Annual Invictus3/1 2.5/1
(4) Danny Kirwan5/1 4/1
(2) Back On The Lash6/1 4.5/1
(5) Torn And Frayed7.5/17/1

Thought Faivoir did it easily last time and can defy the weights pull although having selected him as my dark horse in the TTF I would say that wouldn’t I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I like Annual Invictus copping an 8lb pull with Faivoir today. Step-up in trip sure to help as well (granted, probably suits Faivoir too).

:thumbsup:

Agreed. Liked him over hurdles last year.

Not one for proper punting at this meeting and am looking at doubling him with something in the Old Roan as the front two (Allmankind and Nut's Well) are very opposable on high mark and age grounds respectively. Thinking the Fanion D. That horse has a race in him given the right circs'

Dunno that he's beaten much, but there was a lot to like about Third Time Lucki in the 2m novice chase.

Last edited:
Agreed. Liked him over hurdles last year.

Not one for proper punting at this meeting and am looking at doubling him with something in the Old Roan as the front two (Allmankind and Nut's Well) are very opposable on high mark and age grounds respectively. Thinking the Fanion D. That horse has a race in him given the right circs'

I think Allmankind is a steering-job on Sunday. Already a class apart, he's still young and progressive, and danced-up in his novice chase last season, after a good spin over hurdles in his pipe-opener - they must trust the formula.

Fanion's is not at all well-handicapped in my view, and is a bit of a mincer to boot.

Last edited:
Well done with AI. Faivoir clouted a few which wouldn’t have helped (especially the bad blunder 3 out when moving into contention) but he may not have got by the winner anyway

I've mentioned before my sentimental backing of Stepney Causeway 2.55 (growing up near the Barnardo"s Childrens Home in Stepney Causeway. I've been well rewarded for my sentimentality and took some of Bet365's 11/4 yesterday. Needs a big turnaround on form with the favourite but very pleased to see him being backed. A potential improver!

And the season starts Friday....

Final Decs: https://www.attheraces.com/racecards/Cheltenham/22-October-2021

Going report (fantastic info & other courses could learn plenty from it): https://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/cheltenham/owners-and-trainers/the-going/

I’ll be there on my lonesome, so if anyone sees a slightly balding, getting chubbier, tweed coated, middle aged bloke, come and say hello :lol:
It was good to catch up after all these years Perp. We must do it again.

I think Allmankind is a steering-job on Sunday. Already a class apart, he's still young and progressive, and danced-up in his novice chase last season, after a good spin over hurdles in his pipe-opener - they must trust the formula.

Fanion's is not at all well-handicapped in my view, and is a bit of a mincer to boot.

Yes, Allmankind was the class of the race, but had to work hard and there were some tired horses fighting out the finish……..all except Fanion D'estruval who was tailed off coming round the last bend, but finished like a train (easily best of all) and was only four lengths behind the winner in the end. Gotta fancy him in something or another, but not quite sure what!!

Yes, Allmankind was the class of the race, but had to work hard and there were some tired horses fighting out the finish……..all except Fanion D'estruval who was tailed off coming round the last bend, but finished like a train (easily best of all) and was only four lengths behind the winner in the end. Gotta fancy him in something or another, but not quite sure what!!

Almost certainly the Mackeson.

Tremendously gutsy win by Allmankind but also impressed by the next three home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the race for the first time.

That was run at a proper festival pace. AMK went out fast enough and was sent on again turning into the back straight on the final lap.

The first three were proper triers.

I've had a rethink about Fanion D'E. Those jumps out to the right would be a concern at Cheltenham. I'd now be thinking about the £100k 3m race at Ascot in a few weeks' time.

Right handed on soft ground and I reckon Fanion is a lump job.

Allmankind put himself in the picture to fill one of the places in the Ryanair behind Allaho.

Right handed on soft ground and I reckon Fanion is a lump job.

Allmankind put himself in the picture to fill one of the places in the Ryanair behind Allaho.

I just don’t get the love for Fanion’s D. By any reasonable assessment he is disappointing, and on a harsher measurement, he is a gutless thief of a horse.

I just don’t get the love for Fanion’s D. By any reasonable assessment he is disappointing, and on a harsher measurement, he is a gutless thief of a horse.

Maybe, he certainly didn’t get tailed off on purpose so you’d have to say it was a crappy run up to the final bend. From there it was some performance to pick up so much ground (he was still 15 lengths adrift over the last) even given that the principals got so tired.

Back